Why become a member? ×

Anyone know any wedding/function bands in Gloucestershire area? 3rd Sept Wedding

mingsta

Hi Guys,

I've got a friend getting married on 3rd September in Gloucestershire at a country house.

He's looking for a wedding/function band to play a lively ~2 hours of pop/rock/soul crowd pleasers to get the party jumping after the dinner. His budget is £800 and he would ideally like a band with female lead vocals, or even better female and male.

Other than that, I would say the typical wedding requirements apply, ie experienced and reliable band with a track record for playing such evenings, able to load in/out and soundcheck efficiently, own gear including PA, PAT/PLI certs and facility to play some MP3's through the band PA once the live music is over.

If you know of anyone or think your band could do a job for him, I'd be grateful if you could PM me or link to the band on this thread.

For those of you in Gloucestershire, I would be interested to get your thoughts on the going rate for the area.

Thanks all!

Ming

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1491829278' post='3275673']
Just a point, 'once the live music is over' is when the band will be thinking about going home,
not morphing into a cheap non-disco......someone's not thought this through?

:)
[/quote]

That's part of the 'wedding band' tariff, normally, as at least someone (and often the whole band...) have to stay until the party's over, to tear down the PA and leave. It's often a Good Idea to have a DJ take over that role, with their own, more modest sound system (and budget that in, of course...), just to liberate the band. It can be a long night... :mellow:

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1491829278' post='3275673']
Just a point, 'once the live music is over' is when the band will be thinking about going home,
not morphing into a cheap non-disco......someone's not thought this through?

:)
[/quote]

From my experience, if the band is supplying the PA for a wedding, they'd leave it in situ until the night is over, rather than tearing things down while the party is still in progress. Depending on how much wait time is involved, this would be factored in to the price.

The MP3 thing is one of the more common requests that my own band gets and we've always obliged. Anyways, most weddings run late and by the time the band's finished, there's normally about 60 minutes left before the end of the night. That gives us a nice bit of chillout time to catch up on a days worth of Whataspp messages, pick up drunken brides maids, have a quiet cry in the toilets, clear the puke from the kick drum etc before the drudgery of taking down the PA commences.

Ming

Edited by mingsta

We leave the PA tops up until the end, we also put the stage lights onto the dance floor, the hanger ons like that and you can pack up the band stuff under the cover of darkness.

My band would suit that requirement perfectly right down to the male and female lead vocals but I'm on holiday for some of that month and it's maybe just a bit too far for us.

This is one of the bands I play with: https://www.facebook.com/TheFabulousGrooveGarden/ lots of pop stuff, not so much soul but we do a pretty tasty 90s dance medley :D

Unfortunately we are in the process of building a new site and putting new content up so there isn't much to see. We have done loads of weddings and are used to the whole situation with loading in and leaving music on after we finish etc. Weddings and functions are what we mainly do rather than pub gigs. If its of any interest tell your friend to message through facebook or contact me on here.

All the best.

[color=#1D2129]
[color=#000000]

[url="https://m.facebook.com/dextertheband/"]https://m.facebook.com/dextertheband/[/url][/color]

[color=#000000][b]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/dextertheband/"]'Dexter' - The Band[/url][/b][/color][color=#000000]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/dextertheband/"]Drawing on years of professional experience and genuine passion for the job, DEXTER provide live music entertainment for functions and events nationwide.[/url][/color][/color][color=#1D2129]

[color=#000000]
A mate plays drums for this band. I know they've always got lots of gigs, which is an indicator of their talent and abilities[/color][/color]