Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender USA Fretless P Bass & Mono Sleeve- £700
£795

Old Horse Murphy

For sale is a 1995 Fender Factory made lined Fretless P Bass in red. It is all stock apart from a new tortoiseshell pickguard (the original white one is supplied too).

These differ from the Fretless Jazz Basses in that they were manufactured with the side fret dots in the same place as a fretted bass (IE in between frets), not ON the fret like the Jazz basses. I actually find these easier to play for this reason, especially when transitioning from fretted to fretless.

Condition-wise it's very good but does have some minor dings and scratches. The neck also has some string marks but they are not deep and can't be felt when playing. Considering the bass has been used and is 22 years old, it's actually in very good nick. I have just lemon oiled the fingerboard and added a few photos. As you can see, there are a few very shallow marks from round wound strings but these are very superficial and very light (as the fingerboard is still drying, they actually look more pronounced than they actually are).

Weight-wise it's around 9lbs, so very comfortable. It will also be supplied with a Mono Sleeve Gigbag that cost over £150 itself.

I am looking to trade for a late 80's Stingray (2 eq) or a lightweight SR5. I may consider a lightweight Fender Marcus Miller too, or a maple boarded US P Bass. Maybe something from Gibson too. I'd also consider a great condition Fender US Tele or decent acoustic guitar.

I've now put this up for a straight sale- [b]£700 inc. postage or £650 without the gigbag[/b]

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

That is one lovely looking fretless P :)
I have one of a similar age, and yes, I find the dots being in the "right" place is an added bonus (being mainly a fretted player myself)
EDIT: Also meant to say, the neck on mine is lovely to play too

Having dealt with Old Horse Murphy myself, I can say he's a great guy to deal with, and a friendly, nice bloke to talk to as well...
So buy / trade in complete confidence folks :)

If I didn't already have a US fretless P, I'd be GASsing after this one - it's a stunning looker, great colour & scrathplate too
GLWTS matey

Edited by Marc S

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...