Why become a member? ×

BS EP200 power amp

molan

This EBS is a 2x100w power amp. I don't really know much about these other than they are fairly early examples of EBS product and don't actually have the EBS logo on the front - although they do have the usual EBS colour scheme & made in Sweden logos.

It's sat in a studio rack for a while and was serviced just before I bought it. Will run in stereo, bridged mono or 2 x mono. Works well, simple clean power amp, what more can you say :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='BassManKev' post='314528' date='Oct 25 2008, 02:47 PM']would i be able to use this preamp before my trace amp without any problems?? i mean would switching the eq and mid shape off on my combo, would this work well??[/quote]

You would be much better off going Bass - Preamp - Effects Return on Combo, this will bypass all of the preamp of the combo and be more suitable for the signal the preamp will put out.

It's picture time - bit of flash overload but vaguely helps to show up what few marks they have :)

Both items pictures in a rack with a Samson radio unit.

Might be tempted to flog everything including the rack if someone was really interested!

Edited by molan

[quote name='Merton' post='314525' date='Oct 25 2008, 02:43 PM']Bargainous for my favourite preamp![/quote]

Would take offers on the EBS - it works perfectly and is a nice clean simple power amp. :)

IMHO it partners the Trace quite nicely from a sonic point of view as well

Edited by molan

• 2 weeks later...