Why become a member? ×

The Yamaha BB mega-thread

Al Krow

So the mid cut is always on in your set up. Interesting! Are you tweaking it as you go between pick up blend etc.? I’ve not played a bbne but you know my views that a semi parametric eq just makes a bit more sense in the grand scheme over a single fixed point. 

A second sweepable mid is no bad thing but cut only could be interesting. Are you gravitating to a particular sound with that bass seeing as it's got some unique features over the others? 

36 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Really? Thought you’d gone all gooey eyed over it again 😂

I do like it. I’d like a bb1100s though. I’m never going to gig it as the Status and Shuker are Amazing . 😍

Edited by bassfan

47 minutes ago, bassfan said:

I do like it. I’d like a bb1100s though. I’m never going to gig it as the Status and Shuker are Amazing . 😍

Never is a long time!! Land yourself the white BB1100S you're after and I bet you'll find it hard to resist taking out on the road! :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Never is a long time!! Land yourself the white BB1100S you're after and I bet you'll find it hard to resist taking out on the road! :)

Find me a white bb1100s and I’ll see. 😃

3 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Tried that route, but alas it wasn’t a BC member. Next idea? 😂 

I've bought and sold stuff from non BC members before. I managed to survive to tell the tale (just)... 😄 😄 

Just now, AndyTravis said:

The white BB is somewhere near Hull and now belongs to a lovely chap called Ken.

If anyone knows Ken in Hull with Andy’s old white Bb1100s then please send him my way for a chat. I thank you. 😃👍🏻

• Like 1

If anyone spots a 1200S FS in good nick, please give me a shout. I've found a very good home for my BB425 (which I've not managed to touch yet!😂) so there could be space on a rack for a 'one in one out' Yammy. I could get it refinished in Olly White and then either sell to Ken in Hull or bassfan in Essex 😁

In response to your earlier Q, krispn, I couldn't say I've landed on a definitive setting on the NE2 yet, as if I'm being honest I've not been brave enough to take it on the road yet, and it's likely to get usurped by the 735A and P35 for gigging purposes. When I'm back home I'll take a pic of what settings I'm currently using on it (if you're interested in that amount of detail) and at some point I'll get around to recording the tonal sweep that the NE dial offers which perhaps is the more useful thing for folk to hear. 

Edited by Al Krow

Pictures of knobs would give me no idea what was happening but thanks for the offer. Some audio on the other hand would be insightful!

I was just interested to hear what that bass and it’s unique controls were doing that was giving you a reason to keep it engaged. You made reference to the mid cut being an always on feature and it piqued my interest as to which context that would be advantageous. 

3 minutes ago, krispn said:

Pictures of knobs would give me no idea what was happening but thanks for the offer. Some audio on the other hand would be insightful!

I was just interested to hear what that bass and it’s unique controls were doing that was giving you a reason to keep it engaged. You made reference to the mid cut being an always on feature and it piqued my interest as to which context that would be advantageous. 

Ok cool. In which case I'll get some audio samples done for you later in the week. The NE knob can be completely by-passed, but I like it set  'always on' about 9/12 in one direction. The sound clips should make it clear why! :)