Why become a member? ×

Jamiroquai

Faithless

So, as I was getting into Jamiroquai's [i]Cosmic Girl[/i] (hell funky, gotta say...), I've devised to watch the original version, and spotted [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GO2IWTDdgY&feature=related"]Jamiroquai's gig in Verona[/url].

Their bassist then actually was[i] Nick Fyffe[/i]. He left the band in 2003. I was looking for his departure info, but could find it, so, still curious - [i]why did he leave[/i]? Same problems with money [Zender's leaving reason..], or somethn' else?

I met him and chatted to him about it over a cup of tea. Very nice guy, very good bass player and really should be doing some more high profile gigs.

Apart from a few problems with the way it was being run, I think he'd just got worn out by the partying side of things and wanted to live a cleaner life.

[quote name='Faithless' post='309551' date='Oct 18 2008, 10:43 PM']So, as I was getting into Jamiroquai's [i]Cosmic Girl[/i] (hell funky, gotta say...), I've devised to watch the original version, and spotted [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GO2IWTDdgY&feature=related"]Jamiroquai's gig in Verona[/url].

Their bassist then actually was[i] Nick Fyffe[/i]. He left the band in 2003. I was looking for his departure info, but could find it, so, still curious - [i]why did he leave[/i]? Same problems with money [Zender's leaving reason..], or somethn' else?[/quote]

Cosmic Girl was Zender's bass line, I'm not sure if you were aware of that.

[quote name='Faithless' post='309703' date='Oct 19 2008, 10:39 AM']Umm, I meant, originally played by the band itself, not by the bass player only...

For sure, I know, it's Stu's bassy-line :)[/quote]

Yeah, suspected as much, but thought it would be good to point it out! :huh:

Edited by rjb

[quote name='Mike' post='309586' date='Oct 18 2008, 11:52 PM']I liked Nick Fyffe, and there's a great story about the circumstances under which he joined the band.[/quote]

yah, heard this on the ashdown channel thingy. was actually trying to get an audition with a jamiroquia cover band at the time but they messed him around and through a friend of his got the audition with the real band and got the job. then later got a call from the cover band for said audition at which point nick told the guy from the cover band that he had got the gig with the real macoy at which point the cover guy hung up on him, lol :)

I really enjoyed the "live in Verona"- dvd until I noticed that at a certain moment the bass just goes on while Nick is holding his hands clapping...
It just spoils the fun when I realised that probably the bass parts are done again in the studio..
Was already thinking that it sounded too good to be true.
Great gig though and I admired Jaykay's act in the pouring rain..