Why become a member? ×

Kings X UK tour 2017

Cuzzie

In June of this Kings X are coming to the UK!!!!

12tt June Bristol Bierkeller
13th June Wolverhampton
14th June O2 Academy Islington

I have my Bristol tickets, I am very nearly thinking of going to all 3.

They are playing these dates before playing a Festival in Germany 15th-17th June.

Too excited to finally see dUg and Kings X, I need to hear that Tech21 amp in person.

I saw dUg at The Cutting Room in New York a couple of years ago (double bill with Corey Glover). It was also the first time Jerry had played live with him in a few years.

We turned up mid-afternoon to get our tickets (we'd booked over here) and the bands were doing the load in; the owner of the place was knocked out we'd come from 'blighty and let us in for the soundcheck. I had a long chat with dUg's tech and a guy from Tech21. The rig sounded immense.

Rhys, if you come to the Bierkeller, do not get the Guinness, it tastes of cider, i very much doubt the pipes have ever been cleaned, also the banana or toffee beer is chuff
I'll e the more than eager one up front with a beverage that has come from a bottle...

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1485355330' post='3223343']
Love Corey glover and living colour as well, that would have been brilliant.
[/quote]

dUg was great, honestly great.

Corey Glover was just a bit strange...he was good, but his band were just limping through the hits and at times really struggling. A bit disconcerting, but CG wore what could best be described as a pink romper suit and at one stage started crying.

Kings X are one of those bands that I've never really got round to checking out properly, although Mr Pinnick's reputation means that I really should. I'm quite tempted to go to the Bierkeller gig to see what I've been missing out on.

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1485375742' post='3223535']
Rhys, if you come to the Bierkeller, do not get the Guinness, it tastes of cider, i very much doubt the pipes have ever been cleaned, also the banana or toffee beer is chuff
I'll e the more than eager one up front with a beverage that has come from a bottle...
[/quote]

Good to hear the Bierkeller hasn't changed after all these years. :)

I saw Kings X supporting someone else (I can't remember who but Megadeth, AC/DC or Alice Cooper would be the prime candidates) at the NEC in Birmingham back in the early 90s.

They were superb, although they suffered from the usual low turnout for support acts at arena gigs.

Edited by Cato

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1485388098' post='3223695']
I saw Kings X supporting someone else (I can't remember who but Megadeth, AC/DC or Alice Cooper would be the prime candidates) at the NEC in Birmingham back in the early 90s.

They where superb, although they suffered from the usual low turnout for support acts at arena gigs.
[/quote]

I think they supported AC/DC.

I used to go see them on the first few tours here, I'd travel over the UK to catch them as i absolutely loved them. They would invite anyone waiting by the stage door for autographs inside while the crew took the stuff down, they would stay for ages talking to us, what a lovely bunch of lads.
I kind of lost touch after Dogman but if they had booked a gig in Scotland I'd be there!