Why become a member? ×

Which Multi Effects??

bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' post='308494' date='Oct 17 2008, 12:13 PM']No just the effects me thinks..Have you used amp modelling FX, are they worth it??[/quote]

Are you looking for a floor mounted unit or a rack set up? What's your budget?

I can tell you what, in my experience is still one of the best rack mount effects units on the market is, but in my experience the majority of bass players I talk to think its too complicated, bizarrely 'hate rack effects' (though probably have never used them) and outside the 'casual' budget.

[url="http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Force.asp"]http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Force.asp[/url]

I would say that if you were after a little bit of chorus, delay and distortion then yes, it isn't the best approach. Maybe a simpler unit would be better!

If you are after a floor mounted unit then the Boss GT-6B gets rave reviews as does the POD Live (all versions)

Are modelling effects worth it?
YEP! if you can make use of them!

Sorry for the quick answer! Trying to do 3 things at once today AND surfing basschat lol!

Thanks Dood...well i thought that was quite comprehensive.! i dont want to spend too much, £200.00 max..Is it possible to subtly change the tone of a bass on, lets say the Boss unit..or is it a ..press the button and you get an effect.. i would like to be able to mould the tone.. With the obvious chorus, delay etc

Thanks..

[quote name='bubinga5' post='308777' date='Oct 17 2008, 05:24 PM']Thanks Dood...well i thought that was quite comprehensive.! i dont want to spend too much, £200.00 max..Is it possible to subtly change the tone of a bass on, lets say the Boss unit..or is it a ..press the button and you get an effect.. i would like to be able to mould the tone.. With the obvious chorus, delay etc

Thanks..[/quote]

Yes you can mould the tone - if you're prepared to spend time with the unit and be prepared to learn it's ins and outs. I've got a GT6B but have gone back to using individual FX. I don't want to open this thread up as an argument either way - I reckon if I spent the time, the GT6 would prob sound as good - but time is a valuable resource . . . . .!

+1 for the GT-6B.
As has been mentioned, if you're prepared to invest a little time, you can really configure a ton of sounds out of it with fx and/or amp/cab modelling.
Excellent quality effects as you would expect from Boss though admittedly there are the usual 'just for fun' pre-set sounds that you wouldn't necessarily use on stage.
(Or would you.......?!? :) )