Why become a member? ×

teeny tiny basses

addictedtobass

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1485017387' post='3220464']
Don't encourage me, Pete!

(I think it is the next thing I will do...)

Incidentally, will your country band be gigging at all in early March? I may find myself near Hull again that week.
[/quote]

Hi Paul - yes, hopefully anyway. We've just started a weekly residency every Thursday
at The Duke of Cumberland in Cottingham,which is maybe not far from where you're
going IIRC? ( I don't do it when out with the ELO band though, so give me a shout if
you're coming up? ) I also play at the same pub every Tuesday in an acoustic duo,
usually a good night too. Hope to see you mate.
(Also if you want to borrow my Tanglewood Elfin you're welcome to take it!)

Edited by casapete

sounds like a job for an an epiphone EB :)

the advantage of getting him a full size short scale will mean he will naturally develop a technique that relies on hand movement before he is unfortunate enough to hear of all this wretched one-finger-per-fret nonsense that so many noobs and learners get inadvertently distracted by :ph34r:

Edited by steve-bbb

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1485045245' post='3220757']
Hi Paul - yes, hopefully anyway. We've just started a weekly residency every Thursday
at The Duke of Cumberland in Cottingham,which is maybe not far from where you're
going IIRC? ( I don't do it when out with the ELO band though, so give me a shout if
you're coming up? ) I also play at the same pub every Tuesday in an acoustic duo,
usually a good night too. Hope to see you mate.
(Also if you want to borrow my Tanglewood Elfin you're welcome to take it!)
[/quote]

Thanks Pete - yes, in Cottingham! - not sure of exact dates and movements but will let you know if you are included!

problem seems to have sorted itself out. he has taken quite a liking to my pb50 bass , and i must say he plays it better than a short scale. i have just bought it and already i am having to wrestle it off of him. looks like he has claimed it ! ho hum , it was my birthday pressie. might invest in the HB shorty for him just to try and lure him away from what is IMHO an excellent bass

saw this on someone's FB post from NAMM:

[URL=http://s222.photobucket.com/user/ordepresplandor/media/C3F376E0-B51A-4D99-A56F-3C917CF16371.jpg.html][IMG]http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd127/ordepresplandor/C3F376E0-B51A-4D99-A56F-3C917CF16371.jpg[/IMG][/URL]