Why become a member? ×

Eastwood EEB-1 Sunburst bass WITHDRAWN
£475

Cat Burrito

[attachment=235173:IMG_0100.JPG]

I only picked this up a few months ago and it was destined to be a keeper UNTIL I bought a Gibson. Now strict "at home" rules dictate it is sitting around too much to be kept. A shame as it is a stunningly cool and different bass. It was bought to help me realise any Rick Danko fantasies I may have (although I had opted for the fretted version. I had it professionally set up with flatwound strings and added a tiny Ampeg logo to the upper horn, as per the original that it was based on. This is effectively (in true basschat tradition) a virtually brand new bass available at a fraction of the RRP.

Weight wise it is fairly average, a nice solid wood which is lightened by the cut out F holes and the fact it is a fairly small body. The neck is great and it got the most comments I have ever had playing a bass guitar on the one gig I did with it (literally about 7 different musicians came up to me to ask about it). Kind of like a halfway home between an old school P bass and an upright.

I'm based in Swindon and at present I don't have a hard case to ship it in but I can be flexible about being around.

[attachment=235172:IMG_0102 (1).JPG]

[attachment=235175:IMG_0101.JPG]

Edited by Burrito

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1483523507' post='3207811']
Looks lovely. Not played one of these. Is it short scale? Sorry, it's hard to tell from photos
[/quote]

34" scale. Other specs are;
[list]
[*]Body: Mahogany
[*]Colours: Sunburst, Black
[*]Pickups: Single Alnico EW-Humbucker
[*]Switching: None
[*]Controls: 1 Volume 1 Tone
[*]Bridge: Fender Style Adjustable, Rear String Mount, Chrome Cover
[/list][list]
[*]Neck: Maple
[*]Finger Board: Rosewood, Dot Markers