Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Yamaha BEX 4c Semiacoutic Bass 4 String (price drop) - 300 gbp
£425

johnpaulbass

[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]For sale this MINT Yamaha BEX 4c semiacoustic bass.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=Arial, sans-serif][color=#111111][size=3]Bought it for a project that never started so here it is for sale. The bass is absolutely fl[/size][/color][/font][color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]awless and plays as it should.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Comes with non original hardcase.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]I[/size][/font][/color][color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3] can ship it at buyers cost.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#111111][font=Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Thaks for looking.[/size][/font][/color]

Edited by johnpaulbass

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1483315196' post='3206202']
Always loved the look of these basses but never been available when I've had the money. Sadly same again now :(

What's the active feature (9v battery) for?
[/quote]

They have a Piezo pickup in the bridge just like an electro acoustic -- great variety of sounds !

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1483315196' post='3206202']
Always loved the look of these basses but never been available when I've had the money. Sadly same again now :(

What's the active feature (9v battery) for?
[/quote]

Piezo in the bridge. Preamp on the upper bout.

... and beaten to it by our man from Leeds :)

Edited by alyctes

[quote name='bigsmokebass' timestamp='1483322058' post='3206239']
That's smart and an amazing bass for the price. Congrats 2x18
[/quote]

I haven't bought it --Just that I used to own one -- Mainly playing short scale these days!

Will.

[quote name='Grahambythesea' timestamp='1483675410' post='3209209']
Never understood why Yamaha discontinued these, they look brilliant. How's the tones from the magnetic pickup?
[/quote]

Hello, since I bought it for a project that never started I just plugged it 2 times to see if sounds and works as it should. Everything works fine. It's all you can expect from a good sounding semiacoustic bass, nice tone.
I never understood that too. I was hunting for a bass like this years ago and have quite some difficulties to find it and the went to buy a Washburn, but the Yamaha in my opinion sound better.

Edited by johnpaulbass

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1483359008' post='3206445']
My reboarded fretless BEX 4 is my go-to bass.
[/quote]

Glad it's still getting used :-)

BEX4s are lovely. Remarkably P-Bass like from the mag pickup and suitably woody from the piezo. They look very cool too.

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1483740569' post='3209840']
Glad it's still getting used :-)

BEX4s are lovely. Remarkably P-Bass like from the mag pickup and suitably woody from the piezo. They look very cool too.
[/quote]

And when I need a fretted bass, the orange one comes out :)

[quote name='johnpaulbass' timestamp='1484562319' post='3216266']
New price: 395 gbp

I remind you that the bass is MINT and in full working order.
[/quote]

It's worth editing the thread title so that people can see the new price, IMO.

• 2 weeks later...