Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£900

Brams77

Ok up for sale this gorgeous 1988 Stingray.

Next to the P basses I have a soft spot for these they play great as I really dig their neckshape somehow. With the eq dialed a bit back I had very good use for these in all styles of music, that plus it's a slap monster;-)

I have owned two late 70s stingrays before and had a newer one and a 5 string at some point. This one actually sounds identical to the early stingrays it has more lowend punch somehow.
In 1988 these had some of the older pre eb features, trussrod nut at the headstock string mutes and a very similar EQ and alnico pickup.

The bass has been played extensively there is wear to prove that, it is however 100% original no mods or routs, some fret wear but still very much playable and quite light around 4 kg! And then the neck has this awesome birdseye maple front and back, quite a sight;-)
These are getting collectable I do want the amount I payed for this bass, it is however worth every penny and regarded as one of the better period of stingrays by people who know.

Im not interested in trades guys I get so many trade requests it's silly

Little clip:

[MEDIA=soundcloud]soundcloud.com/bram-schoonderbeek/stingrayfinal[/MEDIA]

Edited by Brams77

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Brams77' timestamp='1486291496' post='3230544']
Alot of interest has been shown thru the time it has been up, i think I timed it wrongly to it up for sale this period.

So last week Ill have it on here for now

Ill price it at 1075,- euro it's a final price so..
[/quote]what is that in sterling?