Why become a member? ×

Darryl Jones

Rich

[quote name='BassBod' timestamp='1480505712' post='3184861']
In his shoes, I'd rather be paid as is and not have to participate in "the business" of being in the band. I'm sure his lifestyle is all the better for it.
[/quote]

I recall reading about Ronnie Wood's long period of 'probation' before he eventually joined 'the firm'. It was well over 10'years I think and he was reported as being quite happy about it as it meant that on one particular world tour ( can't remember the details, maybe Steel Wheels?) he made more money that the 'official' band members on account of being on a wage instead of part of the corporate entity.

Still, how much money do you actually need after the first £20m anyway? :)

[quote name='Downdown' timestamp='1480556382' post='3185434']

Still, how much money do you actually need after the first £20m anyway? :)
[/quote]

Another substantial £20m.😁

My great great grand kids can't be expected to work for a living. Fair is fair.😊

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='Cato' timestamp='1480514082' post='3185001']
Jagger is a notoriously tight bastard.
[/quote]

Even his son needs a bank loan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3AXzZqg2k

Edited by Conan

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1480580932' post='3185504']

Even his son needs a bank loan...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y3AXzZqg2k
[/quote]

I have heard this so many times and it has me in tears of laughter every time!!! It's the way the other commentator casually explains what has happened on the pitch in between the joke!

Edited by barneyg42

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1480546617' post='3185402']
Interesting also that no mention made of Chuck Leavell, Stones keyboardist and (unofficial?) MD, who
has been with the band both live and in the studio since the early 1980's.
[/quote]

The biggest one never mentioned is Ian Stewart, who was a founding member but not allowed to be "in the band" because he looked too old and out of place in the line up (according to their management).

However, he was their on stage keyboardist and stage manager for years, and played keys on many of their recordings, if the bios are to be believed.

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1480594038' post='3185672']
The biggest one never mentioned is Ian Stewart, who was a founding member but not allowed to be "in the band" because he looked too old and out of place in the line up (according to their management).

However, he was their on stage keyboardist and stage manager for years, and played keys on many of their recordings, if the bios are to be believed.
[/quote]

I saw Ian Stewart more than 30 years ago at the Dublin Castle in Camden leading a sort of rocking boogie-woogie band and probably not long before his untimely death. He was a brilliant pianist and it was a good night.

Had Stewart lived he might well have been "rediscovered", packaged up and granted a little fame of his own.