Why become a member? ×

PayPal problem (can't get any money out...!)

alyctes

I'm unable to add a bank account to my PayPal account. It just tells me that's not available at the moment. It's been like this for a week. Anyone know what might be causing this?
I have renamed the bank account to match the PayPal account name.

Thanks for any advice.

Is it a deposit account? I tried to use a deposit account so I could withdraw money from ebay sales. It worked for a bit then they got a bit shirty and said I had to have a "proper" current account. I didn't want them anywhere near my personal current account so decided they can **** off. I can still make payments, backed up by my credit card, but as I don't sell much on ebay now I'm not bothered about the withdrawals.

I setup a new account after somehow orphaning my 10 year old one by losing the email address etc.

I sold a few bits and funds cleared in 3-4 days, my 3rd item sold and after 14 days (and buyer confirming deliveyr and giving positive feedback) I still didn't have the money. I rang PayPal and they manually verified it and made the money available right away.

I am convinced they are holding on to funds needlessly just to make their own balance look good to shareholders but pretending it's for 'buyer protection'.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to all who commented. I caved and tied it to my current account. That works. I don't like it, but I'm not making any significant use of it so the chance of fraud is small. Probably.

Edit: I closed the account anyway.

Edited by alyctes