Why become a member? ×

Edinbourgh and Glasgow gig venues

bassbora

I am in a classic and modern rock covers band and we have been playing all over Scotland but mostly central/Fife/Perthshire areas. We have been playing for 5 or 6 years but have not played much in Glasgow or Edinburgh. Could you guys recommend any pubs/venues in these cities? We have played Whistle Binkies few times.

Thanks

[quote name='Wooks79' timestamp='1479482909' post='3176926']
Bannermans in Edinburgh is a great venue and has always been a pleasure to play.
[/quote]

it's a bit of a dive, but with a cool personality :) In addition check out Banshee's Labyrinth just around the corner from Bannermans. Small but it would be suitable. Opium too. You can also try Stramash. Same people as Whistle Binkies and same kind of deal, but the venue is a lot more interesting.

Cheers guys

I will get the guy who usually handles the booking this info.

As for Perth then Twa Tams is great and Green Room is quite lively these days. I have played a bit less in Fife but we played Duchess of Kirkcaldy the other day and I thought that was a good venue. Dundee has few places but I have played there less. I think its McDaniels which is ok.

Pay is usually around £250 it can be from £200 to £350.

My favourite place when I used to "half live" in Edinburgh was the Barony Bar on broughton st.

Not a very big pub but the standard of the bands was awesome.

http://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/The+Barony+Bar,+81-85+Broughton+St,+Edinburgh+EH1+3RJ/@55.9580843,-3.1912387,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4887c78c528167fd:0x6054862230ca5a62!8m2!3d55.9580656!4d-3.1890797