Why become a member? ×

Scale the Summit

Grangur

I've enjoyed the band's approach and I'm a sucker for melody stuff.

I was reading that just the other day there had been issues in camp Summit; the bassist and other guitarist have been in a situation where they've been forced to leave the band?

Edited by dood

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1479456437' post='3176622']
I've enjoyed the band's approach and I'm a sucker for melody stuff.

I was reading that just the other day there had been issues in camp Summit; the bassist and other guitarist have been in a situation where they've been forced to leave the band?
[/quote]
Interesting... I'd never heard of them until this morning. I was taken by the prog feel.
Looking at the web site you're probably right. The site only lists one guitar and the drummer.
http://www.scalethesummit.com/

Shame that. But I see Mark Mitchell also teaches at http://www.lowenduniversity.com.
The videos look very professional too. Much better than some others I've seen.

Both Mark and the drummer left a couple of weeks ago, one of their guitarists left a couple of months ago. As far as I understand they wanted to focus on other projects, including Mark's Low end University. This left just Chris Letchford, who writes all/most of the bands material anyway. The new drummer was announced quite recently but yet to fill in the other roles

Been a fan of the band for quite a few years now, I love Mark's playing on The Migration, excellent feel and approach to melody. Couldn't quite get used to his tone on the latest album, though.

I listened to the whole of the first number, not least because it is very listenable! I wondered how much the tapping technique on the guitars 'drove' the kind of music they produce, rather than being a way to reproduce the music in the musicians' heads (although the same question can just as well be asked of 'conventional' guitar technique).

Guest bassman7755

The guitar playing was my least favourite bit. Honestly I see no point in doing that sort of play-2-parts-at-one tapping if youve got 2 guitarists - just have them play different parts.