Why become a member? ×

Inconsiderate people!

geoham

[quote name='geoham' timestamp='1478892801' post='3172585']
Ha - looks an interesting gig! Probably a bit flamboyant for the likes of me though....

I got an email today from them. Apparently there were two bassists called George who responded to the ad and they assumed we were the same guy. The other George called off on them, hence the cancellation! They were really very apologetic and sound genuine. I'm tempted to give them a bash... I'll mull it over!
[/quote]

:lol: I bet Flea never had that problem :P

Glad there was a simple and slightly amusing explanation.Well done for not replying angrily and in fact for contacting them at all...

I got an email today from them. Apparently there were two bassists called George who responded to the ad and they assumed we were the same guy. The other George called off on them, hence the cancellation! They were really very apologetic and sound genuine. I'm tempted to give them a bash... I'll mull it over!
[/quote]

All sounds a bit Scooby Doo to me. Watch yourself.

[quote name='geoham' timestamp='1478852469' post='3172070']
Just a wee rant from me today! I really can't understand how people think sometimes!

All of my bands are inactive just now for various reasons, so I was looking on Gumtree for something new. I responded to an appropriate looking ad for a start-up band. Guys aged 40+ doing classic rock - seemed like fun, and at 35 I was almost the right age!

We exchanged a few emails and arranged to meet at a rehearsal room last night. There for four songs I was asked to learn - one was fairly proggy and not exactly straight forward - but I got there! I work about a mile from the rehearsal room in a city centre - so just took my gear on the train to work with me, hung about the office an extra hour and walked down. I also normally need to take care of the kids in a Thursday, but arranged a babysitter. So, a fair amount of effort on my part. I arrive at the rehearsal room, to be informed by the staff that the booking had been cancelled!

The guy from Gumtree is now totally unresponsive. (I was polite!)

I can't fathom out how anyone could think this was remotely acceptable. A quick email or text would have saved me a lot of hassle!
[/quote]
Totally agree. I have recently sold something on the Internet. I arranged for buyer to collect, twice she didn't show up. No e mail nothing. I have no respect for such people.

Ha - looks an interesting gig! Probably a bit flamboyant for the likes of me though....

[/quote] I'd read this as "the other guy we were hoping to get wasn't so hot after all."

You're right, folk are inconsiderate. It isn't helped by the use of text to communicate. Cos folk aren't real until you have heard their voice. I would always arange the meeting on the phone; speaking.