Why become a member? ×

Full time Musician? MU member?

lowdown

For full time Musicians (although you don't have to be a MU member, just the rate is better).
There is a chance for a test and then a fitting[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] for new pro-level earplugs.[/font][/color]

[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]It has just been pointed out and recommended by a couple of my muso friends. (all[/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] for £30, under the MU's scheme and taking [/font][/color][color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]advantage of the subsidized offer)[/font][/color]
[color=#1D2129][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I am just about to apply and will update.[/font][/color]

If you want to check it out, link here (nothing to lose by applying).
https://www.helpmusicians.org.uk/working-retired-musicians/musicians-hearing-health-scheme

• 2 weeks later...

[b][i]"AM I ELIGIBLE?"[/i][/b]
[color=#000000][size=5][i][size=4]"Any professional musician working or living in the UK is eligible – no matter your age, genre or instrument. By professional musician we mean someone who has earned their living substantially from music for a significant [/size][/i][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=5][i][size=4]proportion of their working life. Students are currently not eligible to join the scheme, unless you can demonstrate that you earn the bulk of your income through music."[/size][/i][/size][/color]

[color=#000000][size=5][size=4]But Like Owen said above, the worst they can say is no. Just fill out the form and find out.[/size][/size][/color]
[color=#000000][size=5][size=4]Had to rearrange my appointment. That will now be next week (Even so, still only three weeks from applying).[/size][/size][/color]