Why become a member? ×

Sandberg Basses

Tee

Thanks Voxpop, i previously found my way to their site when originally searching. I noticed you can order a custom one through them. Of course a good play one first is important. I might have to plan a trip to reading at some point :)

Edited by Tee

I understand they are both active and passive via to the push/pull pot? I'm really only interested in passive. Do they still sound good when used passive or are they designed more for use with the active setting.

I've ordered a LAKE PLACID BLUE CALI jazz 4 Lefty with a Hipshot D Tuner from PMT brum for the Chili's Tribute i play in.
Ive played a couple and fell in love.i've got a feeling i'll end up using it on a lot more projects.
Seriously good basses and great prices for superb handbuilt instruments.
:)

Hey there folks!

Those of you who live in/near Brum will probably know me as the evil swine who keeps putting these great basses in the hands of all and sundry who come to PMT...

I use a Basic 4 Ken Taylor with a Cocobolo rarewood top on mahogany body. After playing 25 years or so, I can honestly say it's the finest instrument I've owned!

Wateroftyne - as far as I know they don't do them as a passive option, but they [i]are[/i] hand-built custom basses, so they may be able to do a one-off for you. The thing is, the money you're paying for is probably more attributed to the build quality, life-time warranty, playability and sound, rather than just the inclusion of an active EQ, so I don't know if this would make it cheaper or more expensive to make for them, as it's not the norm... I can ask the question for ya though!

Ey up deezbar! How's it goin' treacle?

What's this - your second one now? Nice. Can't wait to see it, fella... :)

I've seen a Cal P with only 2 knobs on it, in the custom section, on their site. I'm guessing the second knob is just a standard tone knob, doing away with the separate bass and treble ones. I wonder then if it might be passive only.

I don't know if i like the idea of spending a grand and having the volume knob permanently pulled out, to keep it in passive mode. I'd really like to know if they can build you a passive only bass.