Why become a member? ×

Fender Urge 2 on ebay at good price, charity seller (so they say)

whats with these comments? whoever bought the bass can do whatever they want with it. if they think they can sell it for a profit then good luck to them.

the seller got rid of something they didnt want for a price dictated by the marketplace and the chosen selling method.

[quote name='dyerseve' timestamp='1478006011' post='3165895']
whats with these comments? whoever bought the bass can do whatever they want with it. if they think they can sell it for a profit then good luck to them.

the seller got rid of something they didnt want for a price dictated by the marketplace and the chosen selling method.
[/quote]

For me it's because the original auction of the item was for charity. I would normally have no problem as, like you rightly say, the seller got what they wanted and the buyer can do what they like. Just feels a bit off making money where a charity could make more.

But that's the way of the world.

[quote name='BassApprentice' timestamp='1478007398' post='3165913']
For me it's because the original auction of the item was for charity. I would normally have no problem as, like you rightly say, the seller got what they wanted and the buyer can do what they like. Just feels a bit off making money where a charity could make more.

But that's the way of the world.
[/quote]

but the charity made all the money they could - in fact they made more than they would have had the winning bidder not bid at all.
I am guessing the charity just wanted to get shot of it as quick as possible for as much as possible so chose the ebay auction route. the new seller will be hoping for a collector or someone with very deep pockets to come along and so will probably have to hold on to the bass for a while before it shifts.
no one is getting a short deal here, it's just e-commerce in action. Ive done it before and I'll do it again if the situation presents itself.

Perhaps this model of commerce is why the world is so screwed up ;)
I think we all enjoy making a few quid on a deal but the fact that this was bought from a charity and flipped at a gigantic price hike bothered me. That's merely me stating my opinion. :)

Just noticed this myself and was going to make highlight the fact, but you've beaten me to it.
The price he paid was slightly below what I'd have expected, but still a considerable sum for the charity. Seems odd he knew that 2 weeks ago it was worth less than £600 on the open market, and now he thinks someone will pay over twice that in the same market place. £1300 is way too much however, so I find myself hoping that it doesn't sell for anywhere near his asking price.

- and I won't be buying any camera equipment off him knowing his mark ups!!

Edited by Count Bassy