Why become a member? ×

Le Studio Morin Heights

Geddys nose

Meanwhile, closer to home : I knew this studio when it was at Maple Cross (even recorded a demo there) - Google Jackson Studios, it's an interesting read (apologies for hijack......)

[b] Jackson Studios Revisited[/b]

This pile of bricks is Jackson Studios, the birthplace of many iconic British sounds. We want to bring it back to life here at Chiltern Open Air Museum so that music fans, children and in fact everyone, can enjoy a trip down musical memory lane. The studio was used by Jack Jackson known as the ‘Father of DJs’ who made television and radio programmes for the BBC in the 1950s. It was then used by iconic recording artists Motorhead for the Ace of Spades, Elton John’s earliest recordings, Dr Feelgood, Eddie and the Hotrods, Ian Dury, Tom Robinson and many more. Chiltern Open Air Museum is seeking to rebuild this unique piece of history.

[quote name='Geddys nose' timestamp='1475414475' post='3145716']
I have a friend who lives in Toronto and his Dad views the winter as a opportunity to do Canadian stuff outside even getting snowed in is seen as a bonus, My friend (His son ) and a lot of the young views it as a PITA.
[/quote]

My late first wife was in your friend's camp - she married me to get away from it!

My sister in law says there are two seasons in Canada - winter and construction...

T-H, is there a link to your news item?

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1475420522' post='3145748']
Back to Le Studio, I recall seeing video of one of Rush walking around the place as it is now, all the while flashbacks to whatever video it was they shot there. Sorry about being vague...
[/quote]

It was NP walking around LeStudio (Its under the video link), They filmed a bit there but the one I remember most was Limelight with
The dog at the beginning.

The link I saw it on was Rickenbacker FB page.