Why become a member? ×

Musicman Big Al

ChunkyMunky

[quote name='mikeswals' timestamp='1477953378' post='3165567']

I don't play guitar, but I'm really glad their guitar models finally took off and going strong. I grew up very near the factory, and back in the late 80's and 90's you never saw anyone in the wild playing a Musicman guitar, only saw a couple of pictures in magazines.
[/quote]

Ohh! I bet that was tempting to have a look around. Yeah I think they wanted to go after the 80s superstrat type thing, and now with the John Petrucci connection I think they have all the modern rock/metal/prog people flocking to the signtature instruments.

They do have a very varied guitar lineup and some of them are extremely tempting.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1477992459' post='3165718']
Ohh! I bet that was tempting to have a look around. [/quote]

I wish we could have. They didn't and still don't offer any factory tours. :( Back then I had to deliver/pick up bike parts at another facility twice a month right next door to the MM factory.

Here's what my old 5SSS looked like. I wasn't fond of the regular white finish, but I just didn't like the tort colored guard on it...it would have looked overall much better with a white pearl guard, but I couldn't find one at the time.
To me this bodystyle just begs for a metallic green, or blue, or red, or gold.

[IMG]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/Negative7bass/Mobile%20Uploads/CAM02753_zpssl1ludbz.jpg[/IMG]