Why become a member? ×

Sold. Orange Terror Bass TB 500 head £350 inc p+p.
£650

itsmedunc

Tentative feeler as probably moving onto in ears with no bass backline. Please fully read as I've edited some details that were wrong.

£350 delivered mainland UK.

Orange Terror bass 500w hybrid head. About 6-8 months old. Only played 6 gigs and 6 rehearsals. As new with Orange soft case, original box and a couple of short speakons. Very good as new condition. Still have receipt and original box somewhere.

£325 Cab - SOLD

Barefaced Compact Gen1, I think. 1 speakon connector on the back and cloth grill. Runs at 8 ohm. Has a small crack inside the bottom vent. Does not go all the way through or impede anything. If it was painted over with cab paint, you would never know. I've got some cab paint and could paint over for any buyer. One or two other dings etc but nothing to worry about. Overall good condition otherwise.

£650 the pair

The head puts out a loud 500w at 4 or 8ohm.

I used this setup combined with a BF Midget in a band with 2 other guitarists, drummer and 4 vocals but found using both cabs to be overkill. The Compact was more than enough.

Possibly Tech 31 VT or similar Ampeg emulation, Ipad. Decent electronic kit.

Could ship at buyers risk but would need a bit of time to sort some packaging. Alternatively, collection from BB22SH or could meet up for a bit of fuel money depending on distance.

Any questions, please ask.

Pics up tomorrow.

Edited by itsmedunc

Just a friendly bump, and to say I've got one of those Orange Terror heads and I love it...
Gigged mine at a small folk fest yesterday. Originally I was going to go through the PA, but the sound guy said I didn't need it
I used it with my Epifani 110 and it more than coped - sounded lovely and warm....

GLWTS

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1474886630' post='3141205']
Just a friendly bump, and to say I've got one of those Orange Terror heads and I love it...
Gigged mine at a small folk fest yesterday. Originally I was going to go through the PA, but the sound guy said I didn't need it
I used it with my Epifani 110 and it more than coped - sounded lovely and warm....

GLWTS
[/quote]

Thanks for the +1. They truly are great heads, sound and volume but hopefully won't need it with in ears, Got an amazing sound plugged straight into a Behringer X18 desk and so, now defunct...

[quote name='mattbass6' timestamp='1474900857' post='3141367']
I played one of these for the first time yesterday. Just hired it from the rehearsal room as I couldn't be arsed to take my setup. Totally floored me. Seriously thinking of punting on my rig to get this head and a 4x10 of some sort. Amazing amp.
[/quote]

I've had several cabs in my possession recently. I played this amp via a Markbass 2x10 traveller. A PJB 4x5, A mates MB 12", plus my own BF and Epifani 1x10 cabs (both together and separately) and I have to say, this amp sounds beautiful with them all. Lovely warm tones, a full range of tones / frequencies, and I particularly like the Gain control - used with different basses (modern & more classic) the Gain is very controllable, from off, through various levels of subtlety, to full on...

I tried one of these, when I went to buy another bit of kit off a local player, and I was so taken with it - I went out & bought one
.... which of course, is why I have too much gear! lol

Edited by Marc S

[quote name='pbasspecial' timestamp='1475104515' post='3143164']
I have the 500W version and changed the valve to a lovely Mullard (Watford Valves) as the original was far too loud and aggressive. Just come back from a rehearsal. What a great little amp!!!
[/quote]

I believe people change valves to their own taste. However, the stock setup has served me very well. They are great little amps...