Why become a member? ×

Unexected awsomeness

Nicko

Bought a squier CV 70s P Bass yesterday, as a back up to my American special. I tried it I the shop and liked the sound, but not the looks. They offered me a £250 trade in for my old pank the deal was done.

Got it home and played it through my old practie amp. Didn't sound anything special, but its a back up after all.

Tookit to practice last night and it sounded totally awesome. I've used the same rig (Ashdown MAG 300??) with my main bass and every now and then it sounds brilliant, but last night it was just plug in and "wow".

I shall no dount be searching in vain to recreate the sound with my gigging set up, but if I get anywhere close the american will be getting little use.

Yep, my gigging bass for a while was a Korean Squier Precision. If only I could get away from the hoodoo that says I must have a Fender, as like I`ve said above, the Matt Freeman Precision sounds great, I`ve heard a good few bands with these and all have been great. Our very own Bassix uses one and his tone is awesome.