Why become a member? ×

Now I'm Here!

Urban Bassman

Hi All

Just joined and thought I'd make myself known. Will post some pics of my basses soon, once I get round to taking some photos that is! In the meantime you'll just have to imagine what these beauties look like!

Fender P Bass (1961), Stingray 20th Anniversary (1996),Ricky 4003MG (2005), Alembic Orion 5 String (2007).

As with most of us I guess, I've had plenty of basses in the past and have regretted selling most of them, including various Overwaters, Status Graphites, Fender P & Js and Stingrays - but hey needs must at the time of selling. I now have a small but perfectly formed collection of wonderful instruments. The latest is the 'ray and I'm well pleased with it, gonna be my main gigging bass for years to come I reckon.

Love to hear from anyone, lets chat bass!

[quote name='jakesbass' post='301366' date='Oct 7 2008, 02:24 PM']Welcome from a fellow Alembic user, this is a fantastic community. There are lots of really well informed and helpful folk here. So settle in and join in the conversation, it always has something to offer.
Jake[/quote]

Thanks jake

I'm new to Alembics, got mine about 4 months ago from the USA Guitar Centre in Tonbridge, nice bunch of guys there - They have a lot of Alembics - they are the sole official importer, they claim. I love the feel of the bass, not to mention the tone :)

Love it!

Edited by urban Bassman

[quote name='jonthebass' post='301153' date='Oct 7 2008, 11:46 AM']Welcome to Basschat.
I'd love to see that old P of yours, don't tease us!

Cheers,
Jon.[/quote]

OK, I hot footed it down to the studio and grabbed these few pics of the P Bass, just for you!

I always wanted a bass that was born in the same year as me - hence the 1961. Quite hard to find these days, so I was surprised when I found this one at The Bass Gallery in London. I was even more surprised when my fabulous wife bought it for me :) It's basically all original apart from the Volume and Tone Knobs - one was missing and the other was pretty well shot, so I got a couple of replacements (I still have the remaining original one of course!) The other non-original part is the thumb rest, it was missing. I found a good quality replica, fortunately the original screws were still in the pickguard so it all ties in nicely. Other than that it has real mojo and sounds PHAT. Enjoy.

[attachment=14475:P_Bass_Longshot.jpg][attachment=14476:P_Bass_Body.jpg][attachment=14477:P_Bass_Hea
d.jpg]

Edited by urban Bassman

[quote name='urban Bassman' post='301425' date='Oct 7 2008, 03:13 PM']OK, I hot footed it down to the studio and grabbed these few pics of the P Bass, just for you!

I always wanted a bass that was born in the same year as me - hence the 1961. Quite hard to find these days, so I was surprised when I found this one at The Bass Gallery in London. I was even more surprised when my fabulous wife bought it for me :huh: It's basically all original apart from the Volume and Tone Knobs - one was missing and the other was pretty well shot, so I got a couple of replacements (I still have the remaining original one of course!) The other non-original part is the thumb rest, it was missing. I found a good quality replica, fortunately the original screws were still in the pickguard so it all ties in nicely. Other than that it has real mojo and sounds PHAT. Enjoy.

[attachment=14475:P_Bass_Longshot.jpg][attachment=14476:P_Bass_Body.jpg][attachment=14477:P_Bass_Hea
d.jpg][/quote]

WOW :)
That is beautiful. Thanks for putting the pictures up for us all here.
I'm very jealous!!!