Why become a member? ×

Tuning peg OCD

arthurhenry

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1473082940' post='3126687']
Yeah, but they're [i]drummers.[/i]Bass players are superior beings who always know exactly where everything is, including their towels.
[/quote]

[Shows age] Sass that hoopy FinnDave - there's a frood who really knows where his towel is. [/Shows age]

If I get the machine heads lined up perfectly on the first go I instantly assume it's a sign of good luck and I do a little dance (true story). Sometimes I will also chant "4 in a row, 4 in a row" or a suitable chant for more tuning heads or 2x2 heads etc etc, For maximum effect.

But other than that it's just a waste of effort specifically trying to get it perfect as over time the tunings will drift and the the string mechanical tension will change etc etc.

[quote name='FinnDave' timestamp='1473082940' post='3126687']
Yeah, but they're [i]drummers.[/i] Drummers can lose anything, and probably will. Bass players are superior beings who always know exactly where everything is, including their towels.
[/quote]

..and they almost never have to quote from Douglas Adams' H2GT2G unless provoked by drummers.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1473092347' post='3126847']

..and they almost never have to quote from Douglas Adams' H2GT2G unless provoked by drummers.
[/quote]

As I used to live with a woman who had earned her masters degree with a thesis on translating the works of Mr Adams into Finnish, I am easily provoked on that subject!