Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Geddy Lee Jazz (sunburst) with Hipshot XTender and S1
£570

Woodinblack

Up for the second time after I changed my mind last time.

£570 delivered to UK mainland, less if picked up from south somerset.

I love this bass, it has the perfect neck for a 4 string, but I am really not using 4 strings at all these days, and I think it is time to fund something similar from the German company I can't spell, but with the right number of strings.
In my last band this was my principle gigging bass.

Obviously you know what a fender geddy lee is like, it has the very thin fast neck and the baddass bridge on a 70s style jazz.

On this I have added a hipshot xtender, for those drop D songs, which works well, and a fender S1 switch, which lets you switch between the normal fender jazz mode of the two pickups in parallel to both pickups in series. This gives more output for those times you want to cut through, and also its own sound which is not the same as the parallel sound. I used that mode a lot gigging for the more aggressive songs.

This is a Mexican 2012 (I think - MX12 serial)

The pictures show it when I got it with a mirrored scratchplate, but I went back to the original black one as I think you don't really need to blind people in the audience.

There is a bit of bumping on the back which I assume is buckle rash from before I got it. There are a couple of little chips on the body, quite minor, but I assume I must have done them as they weren't there when I got it, and I have only just noticed it going to look for the serial number. Will get some photos of these if I can.

[b]OK - how about £540 delivered?[/b]

Edited by Woodinblack

I had one of these Mex Geddy's briefly (another long story :rolleyes: ) and mine was as good as the Japanese ones I'd had.
It was also lighter than any of the Japanese ones I'd had!

The S1 switching seems to be a LOT more use on a jazz than on a Precision.

Nice bass :)

Will do first thing in the morning, just got in from a gig. I did actually weight it the other day as I wanted to see how heavy an Elwood was in comparison, and I think it was 9.4lbs but I have a bad memory so I will get some pics when there is some light and weigh it tomorrow.

More than I remember, it is 9.6lbs, measured on a bathroom scales with a resolution of .2lb.

Here are some pictures I took this morning.

It is hard to get an image to the denting of the back

But this is what it looks like in the right light

There is a small dent on either side like this

Here is the hipshot on the back (forgot to mention, I will include the original tuner)

And for completeness, with the original pickguard back on, it looks like this:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If this is as good as the Japanese ones (and all the feedback I've read says that they are) then this is an excellent bass for a pretty good price! The necks on these are just lovely and the build-quality stunning. GLWYS!