Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Bass Collection 'Bespoke Built' P-Bass
£360

disgrace of bass

[b]PRICE DROP TO £295 - £260 for cash on collection. [/b]Really need to invest in the next amp and this will fund it. Still open to a trade for the right kind of compact but powerful amp.

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Only selling because I don't need so many instruments! This is a one-of-a-kind bass, specially constructed for me by Barry Moorhouse of The Bass Centre.[/color][/font][/size]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Unashamed '70's vibe, this has the following spec:[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Sunburst body, [/font][/size][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]tastefully relic'ed[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Maple neck[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Tortoiseshell pick guard[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bareknuckle '58 P-Bass pickups (these are stunning!) which I supplied to Barry specially for the build[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridge[/font][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Bass Centre Elites Flatwound strings.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]It is no exaggeration to say this plays as well/better than my USA-made Fender deluxe precision bass (which cost over £1500!!).[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The icing on the cake is that this was built and set up by Barry's tame guitar tech Chris Ward, who is the bass/guitar tech for Brian May of Queen, Norman Watt-Roy (of Blockheads fame) and many other luminaries, including the personal tech support of the late, great John Entwistle of The Who. It is no word of a lie when I say it shows - it really is a beautifully set up instrument that plays sooooo well. I was so impressed that I asked Chris to do a full set up on my Fender which instantly propelled it into a different league from its shop setup.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Complete with a fitted Bass Centre gig bag and a premium Bass Centre strap.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=-webkit-standard][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]You really will not go wrong with this lovely instrument [/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by disgrace of bass

• 2 weeks later...

Pete is indeed BM's tech, but Chris Ward also does work for BM as House Music (who own the Bass Collection brand) are the manufacturing company for Brian May Guitars. When I picked up my Fender after Chris had worked his magic, Chris was in the workshop restringing a 12 string acoustic belonging to BM.

The weight of the bass is around 4.5 KG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I play aDx's one of these mid week - very nice - neck isn't overly varnished/lacquered so has a smooth feel, the fretboard is quite flat so easy to get around on and the neck profile is easy on the hand. Lovely warm tones which are surprising considering what you're paying. I've played more expensive Ps which aren't half as good.

Remember you also get the Babizc bridge which is possibly one of the best on the market and costs over £100 on it's own.

I reckon for £260 this is one of the best deals on the forum at the moment.