Why become a member? ×

SOLD Zon Legacy Elite 5
£1450

graham1945

Sorry to say that it is time to move this beauty on, far too good a bass for me to thrash around on!
I think it is from 1990, the serial number is 2590593, so correct me if I am wrong. For that age this bass is in an excellent condition, no serious dents and just the usual swirls from regular use.
The wood finish is stunning, so much so that I was advised by the previous owner that it appeared on the Zon stand at the NAMM show. I also have a brochure from the period which shows this actual bass. The brochure comes with the bass.
It is per the Zon catalogue:- 34" scale, phenolic finger board, Polyfusion ZP-2 active pre amp and specially designed Bartolini dual coil pick ups. Width at nut is
1 and 7/8 and there are 24 frets.
That's the technical stuff. There has been a modification, at what stage I don't know, but it has been fitted with kneck side lights which I think are supplied by a second battery. The job would convince me that it had been added from new, and work perfectly.
Great range of tones with a fantastic sound, and great quality B string.
It comes in a usable Hiscox case (one clip is a little floppy but works fine).
I will include delivery in the UK for this price, but will not ship out of the UK. Meet up within a reasonable distance is preferred, or you can come to sunny Bournemouth to try the bass. Paypal fees will be extra - sorry!
Any thing else, please ask.
I'm sure Michael Manring will have a clip on You Tube, as I'm afraid I haven't.
Cheers,
Graham

Edited by graham1945

Well, I'd rather sell so don't want to swap at this early stage. I don't have anything in mind that I need (I know need shouldn't really come into it), but if there was something slightly out of the ordinary - must be a fiver - try me.

By the way, I mailed Zon regarding the s/no and year and got a reply in less than 24 hours! How about that for service?
It's from September 1990
Goncalo Alves top
Cheers
Graham

Edited by graham1945

Hi, yes the separate mini switch operates the lights. I'll have to get back to you regarding the weight, but it's never been an issue, unlike a couple of my other basses. Not sure what you mean regarding neck relief, it's not a published dimension in the Zon catalogue. You'll have to let me know exactly what measurement you're after and I'll try to get it for you.
All personal e mails answered by the way, and still for sale.
Graham

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...