Why become a member? ×

Bass backups, that turn into your main bass..

Chaos Daveo

Hello all,

I have a Ltd rb that I got a while back the idea was for it to be a high standard backup to my Sandberg for all things live and because changing tuning mid set is a pain.

Long story short this bass became my main and really surpassed my expectations and was wondering how many of you have stumbled on something similar. I have to many to choose from now and really feel like a kid n a sweet shop choosing which one to play...happy times.

Edited by Chaos Daveo

My Shuker 5 doesn't see a whole lot of gig action any more since I got my Sire V7. The low-fi sound of the Sire seems to suit live work better.
The Shuke is the better quality bass by a hundred country miles and is still my go-to recording bass.

I bought a Brice 6 string bass from an ebay shop in the states about 15 years ago. It was my main bass for a couple of years until I could afford nicer basses. I have 2 more very nice 6 strings now, but I have to say, the Brice is still fantastic, even the low B. I think I paid about £150!!

[quote name='Chaos Daveo' timestamp='1470836516' post='3108826']
It's interesting that we can go between basses and styles as we progress.
[/quote]

I wouldn't go so far as to claim that my bass paying 'progresses'. More just sort of continues, on and on.

I bought a cheap Yamaha BB300 on here about 18 months ago and used it as main bass for about 9 months.

In that time, it saw more rehearsal and gigging action than my vintage BC Rich, my Roscoe Beck 5 string and a few of my other more expensive and so called high end basses.

I recently had it set up properly and it plays and sounds even better now.