Why become a member? ×

GK MB210 or fender rumble500?

mojobass

I do not have any experience of the GK MB210 but I have used a Fender Rumble 500 head with a Barefaced Super Compact and its a great rig. Offers a loud broad range of amp styles with loads of low end. Try both and see what sits your needs.
Brs John

The Fender Rumble V3 500 Combo is a perfect gigging amp. Loud, light, easy to get a good sound. It's 350 watts max without an extension cab, but I doubt you'll need it, because it's well powerful. Recommended.

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/278752-ncd-new-combo-day-fender-rumble-500-v3/

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1470165641' post='3103813']
The Fender Rumble V3 500 Combo is a perfect gigging amp. Loud, light, easy to get a good sound. It's 350 watts max without an extension cab, but I doubt you'll need it, because it's well powerful. Recommended.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/278752-ncd-new-combo-day-fender-rumble-500-v3/"]http://basschat.co.u...-rumble-500-v3/[/url]
[/quote]

Unless, of course, you don't like the sound, find it not quite loud enough and not quite light enough.

Like I did :) I do know I am in a minority, though.

No idea re GK, mind you.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1470166388' post='3103823']
Unless, of course, you don't like the sound, find it not quite loud enough and not quite light enough. Like I did :) I do know I am in a minority, though.
[/quote]

I can only give my opinion of course. And you're a weirdo. :P

I've had both and didn't think the GK was up to the job. It somehow felt fragile, that if I took it to a certain level it would break. those were just my thoughts at the time so I decided to sell it after a couple of months. It was a series 1 combo I had with matching 15" cab

The Rumble on the other hand feels solid and powerful but a level of power that I don't ever need to push it.

Soundwise, the GK didn't do the GK growl for me having owned 800RB & 700RB II amps. From what I've heard the MB Fusion gets a lot closer. It sounded plain and kind of meh to me. Might have been the amp, might have been the cab or might have been both.

The Fender sounds a better amp regardless of what bass I've used with it.

Having said that I will be selling my Rumble combo in a week or so when my Barefaced cab arrives as I want to go even lighter and don't need so much power. I'll put up a for sale ad when I do.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1470167483' post='3103839']
I can only give my opinion of course. And you're a weirdo. :P
[/quote]

I was going to reply, hot with righteous indignation. But, in the balance, you are probably right :)

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1470219885' post='3104137']
I was going to reply, hot with righteous indignation. But, in the balance, you are probably right :)
[/quote]

Facts are facts and it's all relative. I wander around in the nude and tell people I kill whales with a penknife.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1470220149' post='3104141']
Facts are facts and it's all relative. I wander around in the nude and tell people I kill whales with a penknife.
[/quote]

... now I am confused here, I was under the impression that you wandered around Wales in the nude and killed people with a penknife.

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1470227989' post='3104250']
... now I am confused here, I was under the impression that you wandered around Wales in the nude and killed people with a penknife.
[/quote]

That's alternate weekends when there's an 'R' in the month. :lol:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Paul S' timestamp='1470166388' post='3103823']
Unless, of course, you don't like the sound, find it not quite loud enough and not quite light enough.

Like I did :) I do know I am in a minority, though.

No idea re GK, mind you.
[/quote]I sort of know what you mean, re light enough, it is light but it's also bulky with only a handle on the top so it sort of swings around as you're walking with it, and I've run out of puff without an ext cab in larger pubs, I do like the sound though, so, it's not perfect but bloody good value for money

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1470233741' post='3104346']
I sort of know what you mean, re light enough, it is light but it's also bulky with only a handle on the top so it sort of swings around as you're walking with it, and I've run out of puff without an ext cab in larger pubs, I do like the sound though, so, it's not perfect but bloody good value for money
[/quote]

Yes, almost unbeatable value for money and difficult to resist. But, like you, I found it a little too awkward for a one hand carry.

Not that it is much on topic but I now have a Markbass CMD121P that fills my lightweight combo needs. Compared to the Rumble it is lighter, smaller and I can get a tone from it I like :) If I need louder I use my proper rig and be done with it but this is good for rehearsals with my 'quiet band' and the odd small venue.