Why become a member? ×

I want an economical wireless bass thingy.

Dandelion

It may be worth looking at the new line6 G10, I bought one and it has performed flawlessly over 6 gigs now. Sound wise it is pretty spot on, hardly an difference between it and being wired. The transmitter doesn't require batteries as it recharges from the receiver unit when plugged in and the overall package is tiny. Range is large enough for me to trek to the back of venues during soundcheck and I'm yet to suffer and dropouts

[quote name='keving' timestamp='1467911048' post='3087277']
I was considering one of these, but now I'm having second thoughts! :D
[/quote]

Ha ha. Can't beat em and a conga the Green Day too boot :D

[quote name='SmoothHoundChris' timestamp='1468003522' post='3088044']
Good to hear you're enjoying the system Grant. Guess you found the cause of the 'farty sound' :lol:
[/quote]

Errr, no but it's not there. No idea what it was. Guess it could have been that weird angle I had it at or a lead, maybe even my multi adaptor (all of which have been changed). Either way it's working great now. 7 gigs, a few rehearsals and still no need to change the batteries :)

• 4 weeks later...

I gigged my new Smoothhound over the weekend too and it's the perfect system. Small, beautifully engineered and 100% transparent - to my ears in a gigging environment anyway. I love it, and the other guys are dead right about the service. Chris deserves to get very rich.....

• 2 weeks later...

SmoothHound customer service is extraordinarily good. Chris even came up to Dood Towers today to talk tech and get down with the geekery! Top chap!

Great set - Bonkers good especially for the money!!