Why become a member? ×

Ricky 4001 (1975) NBD...warning-very lovey ;)

Raslee

[list]
[*]Yes its a Rick, marmite to most but i am a convert...and i love it
[*]It plays and sounds wonderful.... and i love it
[*]Whilst largely expecting clanky mids in tone it actually has a sweet defined warm tone too...and i love it
[*]Two years ago i wasn't that interested in Ricks until i tried one at Mansons about 18 months ago...i actually loved it, it was a 74...mine is a 75...and i love it
[*]The action, intonation and payability is wonderful...guess what...i love that too
[*]The bank balance is re-balanced having sold gear quickly on here over the last few days...basschat...i love it ;)
[*]Tesco's own boxed wine on a Friday eve...i love it :D
[/list]
Love is strong word...but with barely putting this beaut down other than sleepy time, and daytime work in the last 72hours....i love it...there we go...simple NBD...lots of love & wine!

[attachment=218754:ric1.jpg]

[attachment=218755:ric2.jpg]

[quote name='Deep Thought' timestamp='1462616424' post='3044368']
Oh, it had to black, didn't it? Is that one of the black limited editions or a standard one with a black scratchplate? One of a very few basses I'd consider selling my Shuker for-although I've yet to play one.
[/quote]
There's some very interesting stories attached to this bass but one is that it had a different style scratch plate at some point, hence the screw holes. The black one appears to be via Rickenbacker themselves but was not a standard pickguard at the time.