Why become a member? ×

Celinder Vintage Precision (2007) Sold
£2500

binkybongo

Same virtually mint condition as when purchased from my compadre - the Artist Informally Known As Lozbass.

It's provenance is peerless - this is the thread which goes back to the beginning of recorded history.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/114634-sold-celinder-vintage-precision-2007/"]http://basschat.co.u...precision-2007/[/url]

The Kent Armstrong pick up mentioned in the thread was sold separately for a project to my pal Andy Travis.

This P bass spec is very rare, if not unique:-

Danish Alder body - super light - around 8lbs
Super figured maple neck with tint lacquer
Brazillian rosewood board - white binding
Jazz profile neck - extremely slim
Super low action (honestly - it's ridiculous with no buzz)
'59 burst finish (two-tone sunburst)
Aguilar circuit
Nordstrand pickup
34" scale
1.5" nut

Lightweight resonant body with very fast slim jazz neck (slimmer than Fender) - very stable, -I have owned for 5 1/2 years almost - has never needed any adjustment.
Plays like a dream with an incredible range of tones.

With a white custom scratch plate in addition to the black (fitted) and a tort.
Hope the pictures in the threads tell you all you need to know. If more are required from a very prospective buyer please ask, no prob.

Supplied with Hiscox case in excellent condition. Am Bassed near Manchistor.

No trades thank you.

Edited by binkybongo

I was given a heads up on this today before the sale thread arrived.

I can honestly say if little baby T wasn't imminent, the sale thread wouldn't exist.

This is without doubt the best Celinder I've played (have played about 6) and one of the best 'Precisions' I've played ever (from 1000's).

I am totally gutted I'm not in the running for this.

The neck is ridiculous, and it's such a classy looking bass.

And Bill is one of my favourite chaps, so buy with confidence.

now I've calmed down...Binky is very well known to me and a character of the highest integrity. He is also an extraordinary aesthete and talent. I know this bass well and have enjoyed the pleasure of playing it extensively. My erratic, voracious and frequently emotional purchasing behaviour has placed me in a position where - to the detriment of other pursuits and demands - I have enjoyed the privilege of access to an extraordinary feast of the world's most beautiful basses. Vintage Fenders, Wal, Fodera, Celinder, Sei, Alleva Coppolo, Status, Lakland, Pangborn, Shuker, Overwater, Sadowsky, Spector, Fender Masterbuilt and CS, Alembic, Spector...the list of silliness goes on and on. I can, however, claim in all honesty that this Celinder Vintage is among the three most incredible instruments that I have played (in 40 years, and the other two are short-scales) - ergonomics, playability, tone and fit and finish are in a different league. All of my Celinders have been stunning but this stands head and shoulders above each of them. In my opinion, a very special, almost magical bass and the pinnacle of Chrisitian's work

Edited by three

• 2 weeks later...