Why become a member? ×

Motown

William James Easton

If you want notation for Gladys knights Grapevine dont buy the hal leonard series "motown bass classics" its in the wrong key,In that book its written in Eb minor.
Forgive a slight of topic rant here but whilst i'm on the subject of hal leonard,don't anyone buy the "left hand techniques" DVD as there's squat about left hand techniques in it...anywhere.....and i'm not joking.
Its a bit of hardwork but if you put the notation into guitar pro it'll tab it out for you.not that i did that off course you understand. :)

[quote name='Rusty Shackleford' post='292191' date='Sep 25 2008, 09:13 PM']....Anybody know a decent web site/other medium that has an extensive Motown/soul bass tab collection i can pinch?....[/quote]
Just Google tab, but beware, I haven't seen a site with correct tabs yet.

[quote name='molan' post='292246' date='Sep 25 2008, 10:24 PM']I'm sure I have a Motown tab book kicking around somewhere.

I'll be back home on Sunday and can see if I can find it then.

If no-one beats me to it then zap me a message on Sunday to remind me :)[/quote]

you sir could be a massive wicked help, will get a massive wicked thumbs up and (if T.V is telling me the truth) will getting double good massive wicked karma!

props to my street lingo!