Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN Spector NSCRFM5 Natural Oil Quilted Maple
£900

mrtcat

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here for sale is a very recently aquired Spector NSCRFM5 in natural oil quilted maple. I took this in a trade just over a week ago from a great BC'er. I did a 9 hour round trip to get it and it's absolutely brilliant but sadly just not my thing. I've used the previous owner's description as he had it for a good few years and gigged it plenty so he is better informed than me. I have also used his pics as theyre really very good. It seems that I'm a wooly old vintage sound lover and this is just too modern for my luddite taste. The action is low and fast and everything works exactly as it should.[/font][/color]

[color=#0000cd][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]This is essentially an early version of the Euro Lx. [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It has a John East u retro deluxe preamp that seems to smooth out the Spector aggressive treble and has a much more refined high end than the normal Euros. It has an inbuilt EQ curve that adds low end, also parametric mids and a high treble boost (which adds a lot of bite and is great for adding a bit of aggression for slap). It has as a passive tone,however it does not work with the EMGS, i emailed John East about it and he advised that the retro system was designed for passive pickups and a change of pot value would correct this, I have,however never needed the facility). The bass is an older model and from my my research is one of the early 35" scale models before it was changed to the LX, it has the full quilted maple wings,brass bridge and EMG DC pickups as featured on the USA versions. The core sound is completely Spector it has that very articulate growl and Hi FI high end, but the East adds a bit more tight bottom end and warmth giving a very clear fat and balanced sound (it does a great stanley Clarke impression when you dig in high up the board). It's sound is very very close to the USA versions ( the Euro LX has alder and maple as well as the ceramic/steel pickups which gives a more traditional sound) the east preamp is a lot more versatile than the Haz labs or tone pump pres, as you have complete control of the mid range (I must admit though I actually don't use the mids unless I'm in an awful room, so I tend to just boost the bass a little and increase/decrease treble to taste).The all maple construction gives it a very clear treble anyway, it also has an oil finish which I use a very high quality carnauba wax.[/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bass comes with a Hiscox hard case and a tub of carnuba wax. Collection is from Silverstone Northants (Nr J15a M1) or I will courier at buyers expense within the UK. You are more than welcome to come and try the bass here where I have a small studio with a decent amp and I make good tea.[/font]

[attachment=215668:Spector 1.jpg] [attachment=215669:Spector 2.jpg] [attachment=215670:Spector 3.jpg] [attachment=215671:Spector 4.jpg] [attachment=215672:Spector 5.jpg] [attachment=215673:Spector.jpg]

Edited by mrtcat

[quote name='HazBeen' timestamp='1459190473' post='3014311']
The NSCRFMs are prett much a direct copy of the US NSXLs including full maple quilted wings. Great basses, still sometimes miss mine even having owned USA ones too.
[/quote]

Yes, this is much closer to a US version than the Euro Lx as the pickups and bridge are also the same as the US one.

I believe this was once mine many years ago, and a wonderful instrument it is.

It originally came with an Aguilar preamp (which is still somewhere in my house!) but the U retro is superb.

Whoever buys this will not be disappointed.

Frank.

+1 I bought it of the lovely machinehead!! And many thanks to him as the pics are his😆 cheers Frank!

Shame you haven't got on with it Tom! This bass has been a faithful workhorse for me the last 5 years and ive used it in many musical situations. The East really adds something to the amazing core Spector tone. Unfortunately I've had to move it on as ive lately found the 35" scale a bit much due to some wrist trouble. This is a bargain and comes with a brand new Hiscox case any Spector fans need to jump on this right now 😆
There is some you tube footage of me using this on tour,however the sound was captured on an audience members phone so the bass isn't high. In the mix 😆

massive bump for a great and very trustworthy seller and i hope this goes to a loving home.

Edited by lee650

Hey Lee, yeah I really really want to love it because it's just such a good looking and well made bass. I am going to hold out for my asking price and keep playing it at home to see if I can't get used to it. With the east pre I really should be able to get the sound I'm after.