Why become a member? ×

NAD... Ashdown CTM 100

goonerjoe

Okay, so I've tried the class D thing... I have an Orange TB500 and used to have a Berg CN212 and loved it. But i've always preferred the sound of valves. I use a LB30 for practise at home and recording but sadly it's not loud enough for any of the bands I play in.

I found a relatively cheap Ampeg 410 on gumtree (I tried one with my TB500 at a gig and really enjoyed the vintage warmth over the transparency of the CN212) and today the CTM100 finally arrived from Andertons (god bless 18 months 0% finance)... Only tried it at home but can't wait to take it to rehearsal to open it up a bit...

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1458747100' post='3010476']
Interested to know your thoughts with regard to the CTM100 vs OTB500, which I've owned before... or vs LB30 (currently have a CTM30) for that matter!
[/quote]

Lucky enough to own both an LB30 and a CTM100. I was using the LB30 for rehearsals and small gigs initially, and it kept up with our guitarist's Fender Blues Junior quite comfortably. Then he upgraded to a Blackstar Artisan 15 and I needed more clout, so the CTM100 was a perfect upgrade.

I would say that tonally they're not too far apart, though it's a bit hard to compare, as those passive EQs can give you a surprisingly broad range of sounds. But if you're looking for something that can give you a similar tone to an LB30, but at full-band volume levels, then you have made a very sound choice. Hope you enjoy it!

[quote name='EliasMooseblaster' timestamp='1458748145' post='3010490']

Lucky enough to own both an LB30 and a CTM100. I was using the LB30 for rehearsals and small gigs initially, and it kept up with our guitarist's Fender Blues Junior quite comfortably. Then he upgraded to a Blackstar Artisan 15 and I needed more clout, so the CTM100 was a perfect upgrade.

I would say that tonally they're not too far apart, though it's a bit hard to compare, as those passive EQs can give you a surprisingly broad range of sounds. But if you're looking for something that can give you a similar tone to an LB30, but at full-band volume levels, then you have made a very sound choice. Hope you enjoy it!
[/quote]

I concur!