Why become a member? ×

Hello from Gloucester

sdguitars

Hi folks!

I'm Steve Dunn - a guitar and bass tutor from Gloucester. A couple of my students are already here so I thought I'd better join in to see if they're saying nice things about me! I also use the term "bass tutor" very loosely as my predominant instrument is the guitar, but I'm taking medication and hope to redress the balance soon! I'm a Southpaw and own a 4-string Fender Jazz , a Yamaha 5-string TRB and a MarkBass CMD102P amp.

I play bass for Also Eden (www.alsoeden.com), a progressive rock band from Gloucestershire. Catch us on www.alsoeden.com or www.myspace.com/alsoeden.

Looking forward to chatting with you all online!

Edited by sdguitars

[quote name='sdguitars' post='289631' date='Sep 23 2008, 07:07 AM']Recently played with the excellent Panic Room (Alun Vaughan on bass) - wow! Frighteningly good bass work and top bloke! Hi Alun![/quote]

Hi Steve! That TRB sounded great on Saturday :)

Cheers
Alun

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='289663' date='Sep 23 2008, 08:30 AM']Hey Steve!

Good choice on gettin Hartke'd up! There's some Hartke bargains goin in the [topic="28035"]For Sale Threads here[/topic], [topic="25107"]and here![/topic]

Glad to have a guitarist on board too, you'll be able to get into some quite, erm, interesting debates :)

Take it easy,
Phil[/quote]

Cheers for the heads up!
And welcome on here, the best bass forum by a mile!

• 7 months later...

[quote name='sdguitars' post='289631' date='Sep 23 2008, 07:07 AM']I use a Fender Bassman 150 - although have my eyes, ears, nose and throat on something a bit beefier and probably more, well, Hartke.[/quote]

Or Markbass.... the 2x10 combo with built-in Little Mark 2 looks REALLY good!

[quote name='noelk27' post='289827' date='Sep 23 2008, 12:02 PM']You might want to reconsider using the name Avalanche, though. There are at least two signed bands - 80s/90s European outfit - and, currently, a US outfit who have toured with Lynyrd Skynyrd - using that name.[/quote]

Only just noticed this post - but thanks for the heads-up! We're only doing this as a sideline from our "proper" bands, as a bit of pub-gigging, weekend warrior fun. Blues/rock covers and the like.

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='486799' date='May 13 2009, 12:04 PM']you have the same name as my uncle.. 'Steve Dunn'[/quote]

Hi Zoe! Thanks for the warm welcome! Love your myspace/youtube clips. So nice to see another lefty bass player - we've got to stick together and try to usurp those righties!

[quote name='sdguitars' post='487525' date='May 14 2009, 07:40 AM']Hi Zoe! Thanks for the warm welcome! Love your myspace/youtube clips. So nice to see another lefty bass player - we've got to stick together and try to usurp those righties![/quote]

Hey Steve.
sorry but im not a lefty, for some reason some of my videos have flipped around like a mirror image! haha :)
but thankyou :rolleyes: im glad you liked them!

Z
x

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='487548' date='May 14 2009, 08:47 AM']sorry but im not a lefty, for some reason some of my videos have flipped around like a mirror image! haha :)[/quote]

Dang it. Looks like I'll have to give Sir Paul Macca a call to plan out our world domination instead! Take care, Zoe :rolleyes:

[quote name='Zoe_BillySheehan' post='487691' date='May 14 2009, 11:10 AM']damn :) was that the date set for world domination?

haha :rolleyes:

Z
x[/quote]

nah... just some ground shaking as Avalanche do a rehearsal...

I'm a part time student of Steve's...

Edited by Paul Cooke

[quote name='sdguitars' post='487525' date='May 14 2009, 07:40 AM']Hi Zoe! Thanks for the warm welcome! Love your myspace/youtube clips. So nice to see another lefty bass player - we've got to stick together and try to usurp those righties![/quote]

There are a bunch of us lefties on this site check out the lefty thread at the top of the bass for sale section always a few of us to talk to.

Welcome to the forum