Why become a member? ×

What am I doing wrong ?

The Hat

Hi all, beginner type dumb question coming so take pity,
I can't get any of my pedals to work. I plug lead from bass into one side of pedal tuner (Korg Pitchblack) and then another short lead from tuner into the input of the amp. The tuner is powered by 9v dc. The tuner lights up when the leads are plugged in and when I press the pedal to turn it off the signal goes straight through to the amp so it can't be the leads. When switched on I can't get the pedal or any other to register anything.
Have I plugged something in wrong ?

Edited by The Hat

[quote name='amnesia' timestamp='1457190276' post='2996193']
Looks like the bass is plugged into the output of the pedal...swap the leads around maybe?
[/quote]

I was about to say: are the cables in the right way round? As in the bass goes to the input of the first pedal, then the output of that pedal goes to the input for the next one and so on

I do all manner of stupid things when plugging in pedals. My most recent was to plug amp fx send to rack unit, rack unit to pedal board, pedal board to amp fx return (all correct so far). But no sound. Endless checking but couldn't find a problem until I realised that my bass wasn't plugged in to the amp. Duh.

[quote name='The Hat' timestamp='1457203259' post='2996365']
I knew it was something I was doing ! Leads wrong way round and volume not turned on bass
[/quote]

Problem solved...and you will be glad to hear that our rates for assistance are almost reasonable!

I used the second channel on my PJB Suitcase for the first time last week as I was using an ABG instead of my usual DB and thought I'd set the second eq for that.
I spent ages fiddling with settings, changing leads, changing battery in bass, unplugging and reconnecting everything but no sound. I thought my amp had packed up........ then I unplugged the bass from the amps headphone socket and plugged it in the second input and it was fine :D

[quote name='Maude' timestamp='1457212346' post='2996474']
...then I unplugged the bass from the amps headphone socket and plugged it in the second input and it was fine :D
[/quote]

Any number of times I have plugged my iPod into the headphone socket instead of the aux in and wondered why it didn't work.