Why become a member? ×

Vigier GAS cured

cd_david

In recent weeks I've been complaining of severe GAS for a Vigier.
I put an appointment on with the doctor,
Luckily, he paid me a home visit yesterday, dished out a prescription and the GAS problem is cured Woo Hoo! :huh:

I've known Nick (Doctor of the Bass) online for about 10 years, but it was great to meet face to face, what a great guy, and outstanding player.
Sorry for the quality of the pics, will sort some better ones later when i can bare to put the bass down for more than 5 minutes.

Cheers for the bass Nick :)

ATB
Dave

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='289407' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:02 PM']I didn't even know he had this? That is awesome, I would have probably spanked the cash for that too.[/quote]

Thanks, It is as good to playas it looks, I also forgot to highlight the 600 mile round trip he made free gratis. What a gent!

[quote name='ped' post='289454' date='Sep 22 2008, 08:15 PM']Lovely looking bass. I had planned on comparing this to mine at some point as they are similar (apart from the electronics)

Have fun with it
ped

P.s what is the serial #?[/quote]

Cheers Ped

Its 808, Next time Im down Minster Lovell, If you are about, Ill bring it with me?

Dave

Wahey!

What a great day - Dave has an incredible collection of basses that is like `oh f+ck me, look at that!!!' - a true gent and another nice player! I'm really pleased he has the bass - I was not really giving her the full attention she deserves!! Thanks for the coffees and crackers!!! Got in at midnight!

Marcus - sorry did ne get to see you - left Peterboro fairly late in the day - but I'm sure we can get all the Geordie lads together soon - don't forget me Grandad was from Perkinsville (Chester-Le-Street) so I'm technically one of the lads!! Fosk - I'm full of surprises!! My Fernandes `Alembic' arrived in the post today - a previous owner put some Jaydee pickups in it - sounds great!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='289580' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:40 PM']its not the body finish id choose, but i bet that neck is superb, as iv said, i think a 5 string vigier is the only bass that would tempt me away from my statusray, nice one mate[/quote]

Well, each to their own Kev. I'm sure if you ever decide to buy a late 80's Vigier, complete with 100% carbon neck that you will find one in exactly the right woods/finish eh? :)

Edited by doctor_of_the_bass

[quote name='BassManKev' post='289580' date='Sep 22 2008, 11:40 PM']its not the body finish id choose, but i bet that neck is superb,[/quote]

Cheers Kev,
The photos dont really do the bass justice the cherry burst is alot deeper in "person" But still I know its not everyones favorite finish but for me it was love at first site! Im lucky.

ATB
Dave

[quote name='BassManKev' post='289944' date='Sep 23 2008, 01:38 PM']i have the same problem with my stingray, no matter what kinda light or whatever i take a photo of the bass in, it still looks nothing like as superb as it is in real life! bloody annoying![/quote]

This is closer to the colour and depth of the flame Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :)

[attachment=13852:Vigier_044.jpg][quote name='cd_david' date='Sep 22 2008, 06:16 PM' post='289374']
In recent weeks I've been complaining of severe GAS for a Vigier.
I put an appointment on with the doctor,
Luckily, he paid me a home visit yesterday, dished out a prescription and the GAS problem is cured Woo Hoo! :huh:

I've known Nick (Doctor of the Bass) online for about 10 years, but it was great to meet face to face, what a great guy, and outstanding player.
Sorry for the quality of the pics, will sort some better ones later when i can bare to put the bass down for more than 5 minutes.

Cheers for the bass Nick :)

ATB
Dave
Check my baby out, 1983 Passion. #213. Seen better days, but the best neck of any bass I've played.