Why become a member? ×

Is it just me - basses for sale adverts?

graham1945

Maybe I've got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, but ads trying to sell basses with the body on the right of the pics, and any logo or other writing upside down, just look plain wrong to me. Surely the advertiser can see that their pride and joy is not displayed to its best effect? OK, I'll go back to bed now! 😡😡😡

I know what you mean, but I think that represents something of the view you'd get while actually playing the bass. To get round this I usually post at least two pics of the full bass, one with the body on the left and one with it on the right... plus a whole shedful of close-ups, etc. I actually find it more annoying when people only post one or two pics of a bass, or post pics that are out of focus or otherwise low-quality, i.e. phone pics, etc.

I am fairly regularly astounded at how bad a lot of for sale posts are. Blurry (or no) pictures, no suggestion of where the seller is, no description, etc etc. The second hand market is really struggling just now, why people aren't making more effort I do not know.

If a seller can't be bothered to take photos that are in focus for a bass that they're asking £££ for then I'm not sure I trust them to be bothered to pack it properly either.

[quote name='uncle psychosis' timestamp='1456482086' post='2989413']
I am fairly regularly astounded at how bad a lot of for sale posts are. Blurry (or no) pictures, no suggestion of where the seller is, no description, etc etc. The second hand market is really struggling just now, why people aren't making more effort I do not know.

If a seller can't be bothered to take photos that are in focus for a bass that they're asking £££ for then I'm not sure I trust them to be bothered to pack it properly either.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

I recently saw an add on another site headed "For sale custom S*****"

The add then read "The bass is in Bucharest, Romania, I don t know how much to ask for... so hit me with any offers"

That was it :D

The thread just ended saying the bass was stolen and on it's way back to it's owner. Oh dear.

Yes - some pretty lazy selling goes on on here sometimes! The classic "You all know what this is" blurb with zero detail then rubbish or often no pictures just leaves me thinking "No Thanks". It would have to be something I really wanted at an awesome price for me to even bother with one of those.

To be fair though there are some great sellers on here too.