Why become a member? ×

Build diaries

EmmettC

My favourite bit of the forum is the build diaries section, but people seem to take so long. I think they are doing it on purpose, they know I'm really eager to see how it's progressing so they don't do anything. I mean what other reason could it be? It's not like it's hard, or they have other things to do.

:unsure:

That's right. When I built a 1 X 12 cab I waited until it was finished, then released the photographs and build posts over a matter of days. It's only polite and is the right thing to do. No-one is going to wait around forever for someone to put a J pup in a P Bass.

Edited by discreet

I followed this thread with great interest (and GAS tbh). I was a bit disappointed when the Single Cut Camphor and Alder PJ thread came to an end. Loved the finished bass..well done Andy.

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3] [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1456165057' post='2986154']
That's right. When I built a 1 X 12 cab I waited until it was finished, then released the photographs and build posts over a matter of days. It's only polite and is the right thing to do. No-one is going to wait around forever for someone to put a J pup in a P Bass.
[/quote]

This method also has the advantage that if you mess something up, feel silly about it and end up shelving the project, you don't have half a dozen people waiting to see what happens next! Speaking purely hypothetically, of course...

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1456167986' post='2986209']
This method also has the advantage that if you mess something up, feel silly about it and end up shelving the project, you don't have half a dozen people waiting to see what happens next! Speaking purely hypothetically, of course...
[/quote]

Heh!

I actually enjoy that sort of thread done either way. I've done a few as I've gone along with the build and I learned some good things from reader feedback that really wouldn't have helped much after the fact. I also did one with a deliberate projected finish date to put the fire to my feet a bit, and I did in fact finish it on precisely the appointed day. My projects do often drag on for a few months or longer though, and lately I've been more prone to at least waiting until I have all the parts on hand before I post anything in a dedicated thread.

Edited by Passinwind