Why become a member? ×

Please close, mistake.

karlfer

Ooops, yup, it's been moved. I'm gonna be in trouble :(

Apologies Mods, please delete this thread :blush:

I did check the guitars section before I posted this, but NOT the section it has been moved to :blush:

Edited by karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1455366435' post='2978444']
Ooops, yup, it's been moved. I'm gonna be in trouble :(

Apologies Mods, please delete this thread :blush:

I did check the guitars section before I posted this, but NOT the section it has been moved to :blush:
[/quote]

I see no need to apologise Karlfer, it is good that people on here know about it. It should be removed, we are more than a selling site we are a community that has a certain amount of trust and ads like that are not what we are about in my opinion obviously.

Well, a scrap of paper with all the Rolling Stones autographs, a seller wants £750. That includes a signature by Brian Jones, which I would imagine bumps up the price significantly.. I would have to say that it is around £2000 overpriced. Maybe £500 tops as although it is a cheap guitar, it is better than a scrap of paper. An album is for sale with the current line up, plus Bill Wyman for £1850, and it doesn`t even include the record. No idea how long these items have been up for sale.
These are completed listings of Rolling Stones autographs from ebay. so may give a clearer indication of it`s true value.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=rolling%20stones%20autographs&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684
pasted wrong link

Edited by timmo

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1455367392' post='2978462']
Well, a scrap of paper with all the Rolling Stones autographs, a seller wants £750. That includes a signature by Brian Jones, which I would imagine bumps up the price significantly.. I would have to say that it is around £2000 overpriced. Maybe £500 tops as although it is a cheap guitar, it is better than a scrap of paper. An album is for sale with the current line up, plus Bill Wyman for £1850, and it doesn`t even include the record. No idea how long these items have been up for sale.
These are completed listings of Rolling Stones autographs from ebay. so may give a clearer indication of it`s true value.
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=rolling%20stones%20autographs&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=p2045573.m1684[/url]
pasted wrong link
[/quote]

As I wrote timmo, anybody can ask what they like.
I just didn't think Basses for Sale/Trade was the right place.
TBH I didn't think Basschat was the right place, but that is only an opinion and certainly not my call.
If I'd seen where it had moved to I wouldn't have started the thread. I only did so because I thought it had been removed.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1455367699' post='2978464']
As I wrote timmo, anybody can ask what they like.
I just didn't think Basses for Sale/Trade was the right place.
TBH I didn't think Basschat was the right place, but that is only an opinion and certainly not my call.
If I'd seen where it had moved to I wouldn't have started the thread. I only did so because I thought it had been removed.
[/quote] I don`t think you are wrong to point it out. A little research could tell you it`s rough value, and £2300 is way to much. If it was signed by Hendrix, then it would be worth it. 50 years time it may be worth the £2500. While they are all still alive though, It is way too much in my opinion, even if it included Brian Jones. There again, it would be a 50 year old guitar, so the value of the guitar may bump it to that price.