Why become a member? ×

NBD - 1975 Fender RI Jazz Bass

sammybee

I was browsing Classic and Cool after seeing another NBD thread on here, and stumbled across this

http://classicandcoolguitars.co.uk/portfolio/usa-fender-jazz-1975-re-issue-bass-in-natural/

Arrived this afternoon after a very swift deal.

Brilliant service from Mark at Classic & Cool, and it's a true player - growls like a tiger!

Dammit ! You were the one who bought that , I emailed him the day after seeing the topic, once I had sold some gear to win me some credit
with the other half.

He said sorry its on Hold >.< , but if that person drops out he would be in touch.
Bahhh ... keep me in mind if you suddenly develop a hatred for it.

Honestly though , how is the neck? Another reason why i didn't pounce right away was, that I wanted to research its older C profile
compared to a modern C profile is it significantly differnt .. do you have a standard J to A / B it with.

Grumble grumble * plots a trip up to the midlands with a balaclava *

Happy New bass day ...

Edited by synthaside

If it's any consolation think of it as I have just saved your back from all that pain :)

The neck is really comfortable. I have an older Fender Marcus Miller JB - which is very similar, but the 75 feels a bit slimmer to my hands. I have a 2008 American Standard too - which is probably my favourite feeling neck.

But I just love the look of a blocked neck on a jazz and the whole 70's Jazz Bass vibe.

Yup , that's what i was after Black blocks on a maple neck jazz ....heaven ... now im stuck looking at one with a rosewood board ,2002 for £750
... trade ???? (joking)

Fortunately i'm young enough that back problems aren't really an issue :-)

Enjoy it ... but if you ever decide its just too heavy PM me

Edited by synthaside