Sign in to follow this  
Aharon

*SOLD* Stingray 1988 2band EQ, Black n' Maple
£850

Hello again Basschat peeps,

Bought this beautiful Stingray from fellow Bass Chatter BagsieBlue (Martyn). It's a 2band EQ transition era model from the late 80s with a beautiful vintage-tint maple neck and original string mutes. It's been well loved and used and it has the mojo to show it but the scuffs/dings etc are purely cosmetic. It's built like a tank and sounds and plays exactly like a Stingray should. I owned a Stingray many years ago and bought this to relive some of that joy but to my suprise my tastes have changed/mellowed and so I would like to pass it on to a better home where it will get played/gigged.

NO TRADES please
Will post to UK at buyer's expense or buyer can collect from Cambridgeshire

I've had many happy trades buying and selling on here, so feel free to take a look at my feedback in the feedback section.

Happy to Answer any questions

[attachment=211066:iedvuw.jpg]
[attachment=211068:20aqrlv.jpg]
[attachment=211069:nx0woy.jpg]
[attachment=211070:o77ckl.jpg]
[attachment=211067:2uqp15y.jpg]
[attachment=211071:swyfr7.jpg]

Edited by Aharon

I have two '89s. Having had Rays from pre-EB to recent ones including Classics, I believe Rays from around these years are terrific instruments, especially if you like varnished necks and very low action. GLWTS

Edited by Apothem

Great basses, had an almost identical 88 and it's still the best wooden bass I've ever owned.

I experienced some difficulty shipping this outside the EU (at no fault of the buyer, he was a genuine guy), so this is back up for sale, UK postage only.

[quote name='walshy' timestamp='1454875388' post='2973853']
The prettiest combination on a MM if you ask me!
[/quote]

I'd second that, very nice, very tempting - I do need a Stingray in my life again!

I don't have access to any scales, but if I were to guess 4.3 - 4.6kg. I have a G&L L2000 that is about 4.1kg and a Gibson Ripper that is 5kg and the Stingray sits somewhere in the middle.

Happy Easter all

PM me for any questions etc.