Why become a member? ×

## Now Sorted ## Genz Benz Focus 115t or similar - any recommendations gratefully received

Deedee

Hi all

I'm looking for a small and portable 1x15 cab for when my BF Super 15 is overkill (I just prefer 15s to 12s).

There's a GB Focus 115t for sale on here at the moment.
Does anybody have experience of these cabs as I can't seem to find too many reviews?

Cheers

Edited by Deedee

I have a CTR500-115EXT which Jeff Genzler & Andy (formerly with Genz Benz, now with Mesa Boogie) both told me is virtually identical to the Focus 115 (wrt both parts & performance).

I use it with the matching combo amp, but have not tried it with any other amps yet.

I got a fair deal buying the set 2nd hand & feel they are quality pieces.
If I had the choice between the Focus line and the NeoX or NX2 or Uber series, I'd opt for the latter, but they still do sound quite good & cover my needs very well.
I haven't heard any of the Barefaced cabs yet (other than clips), so I cannot say which sounds better.
I've owned Bergantino & EA cabs so I know good sound - I just needed to lighten my load so I use these.
It would come down to how much money they're asking & what other options are available in the same price range.

Edited by lo-freq

I used to own one along with the 4x10. Both were excellent. I used to gig them regularly and they performed superbly in a pretty loud rock band. The 1x15 on its own was more musical than what you would expect from a 15" cab. Bright sounding and articulate, certainly not muddy. Build quality across the range is very good and not exactly heavy weights, the 15 being quite easy to carry. I'd recommend any of the Focus cabs.

Guest bassman7755

A gen 1 / 2 compact (single 15) seems like the obvious choice as its the same driver, they seem to come up regularly in the for sale adds here, or even 2 of them and move on the super 15.

I know this sounds rather odd but I didn't get on with the gen 1 Compact I had. The Super 15 sounds great to my ears but the Compact on its own seemed to lack something.

As you say it's the same driver so it must be down to the cabinet - or my crazy ears! I'm also not looking to spend a huge amount.

Edited by Deedee

Now sorted. Just picked up a rather lovely GK Neo 115t mkIII from this very forum.

Just had a quick blast and it sounds great. Can't wait to crank it up at the weekend. If it's as good as I think it is, I may even buy another!