Why become a member? ×

NBD - NS Design Radius WAV

anzoid

Just bought this from Dan (danweb22) - NS Design Radius WAV.

It's beautiful and plays so nicely. Mixing the piezo in the bridge with the EMG gives a wonderful growly sound. It's also my first red bass in more than 20 years :D

I have a Steinberger Synapse and this feels like the natural evolution of that bass - the annoyances of the Synapse (odd jack socket placement, the weird hook, overly resonant piezo in the bridge and the fact I can't get strings that fit it anywhere...) have been ironed out. This is what the Synapse should have (and could have) been. Funnily enough it's also lighter than the Synapse despite having a normal(ish) sized body.

[attachment=208325:20151231-AJF_0544.jpg]
[attachment=208326:20151231-AJF_0545.jpg]

I agree with the OP with every point about both the Radius and the Synapse, except I had no difficulty obtaining strings for the latter. The Radius is a beautiful design from both ergonomic and tone perspectives, but the I'm a Ned fan boy and arrived at the Radius from my first bass, a Warwick Streamer, via various Spector NS and the Synapse :-)