Why become a member? ×

SOLD Mike Lull M5V
£1350

AndyTravis

Natural Ash
Maple Neck
Birdseye Maple fingerboard
35" Scale
Sadowsky j/j Pickups (non original, but nice)
Aguilar Preamp vol (push pull active/passive) blend, bass/treble stacked, midrange.
Fender Marcus Miller V pickup cover
8.3lbs

A few signs of use, couple of dings/swirls - nothing heartbreaking or anything which would impede enjoyment.

I currently have no hard case for it - I didn't like the Fender case it shipped in, so I sold it and bought a Levy Lm19 leather bag which is not included in the sale.

I could source something if shipping, but if you wanted a hard case I'd have to look into the cost of a hiscox or similar.

Can ship 'neck off' if case isn't an option - shipping will be done at cost (about £12)

I can send any pictures needed, but if you're out gigging and playing a 5 string, this really is pretty hard to beat - I just have a hankering for a dirty old sunburst fender which I've sorted...

Edited by AndyTravis

Think I'm going to keep hold of this, but will leave the thread up for a while and see if there's anything on offer.

I would really like a relic Jazz in 3 colour Sunburst, but other relics will be considered I miss my Custom Shop 64 Jazz...

Good evening...

Staring at all the basses for sale, all very lovely.

Wondering if anyone's up for trades, will listen to anything.

Not worried about keeping hold of this and I have a fender arriving tomorrow which puts the gas at bay, and it is wonderful.

Will have to take some pictures on my new workbench which I've just finished.

Edit - here we go, new pics

https://instagram.com/p/BAX1aw_OQdr/
https://instagram.com/p/BAX1f9-uQdz/
https://instagram.com/p/BAX1jgBuQd8/
https://instagram.com/p/BAX1rUQuQeO/

Edited by AndyTravis

I remember when you bought this- it seemed like a great buy and It piqued my interest as I was after an active 5 string jazz at the time.
Don't panic that it's getting loads of interest- that's what you want. I did the same with a bass I was selling so took it down thinking I was missing something. When I wanted to sell it took forever!

[quote name='chardbass' timestamp='1452623725' post='2951818']
I remember when you bought this- it seemed like a great buy and It piqued my interest as I was after an active 5 string jazz at the time.
Don't panic that it's getting loads of interest- that's what you want. I did the same with a bass I was selling so took it down thinking I was missing something. When I wanted to sell it took forever!
[/quote]

I know, I thought 120 odd likes on Instagram? Am I being a dick?

I took it to rehearsal last night, and I know how good a bass this is - ran it passive all night too.

But, I'm not sure what I want, spoiled really.

Ok, got a dream bass lined up, so it's a straight sale £1300 shipped in UK.

As stated in the OP if you want a hard case it will be extra, but it won't be mad expensive...unless you have a case you want to send so I can ship it to you?

Bump

Andy

How do.

I've dropped the price to the lowest I will go.

So, if you're passing Manchester I'll take £1250 cold hard cash.

If you need it posted to you, it'll be £1275 in the UK.

Not including if you want a case with it.

Thanks, Andy

[quote name='IanA' timestamp='1453591955' post='2960961']
That is a ridiculous price for a very nice bass, shows how slow the market is at the moment.
[/quote]

If I hadn't committed to a purchase I wouldn't have dropped the price. Someone's getting a great bass I'm sure.

Sad to see it go, but I've been bollocked for dipping into the savings already, so one in one out 😔