Why become a member? ×

Cort A6 Artisan

alembic1989

Hey there

Ive played the Artisan A6 (and most of the 6 strings around the price range).

Its a fantastic piece of kit for the money and can punch well above its weight. The electronics are versatile enough to cope with most gigs and the construction and hardware are all of high quality. The neck is pleasant to play (not too wide or fat) and i found it very easy to navigate around. I would say it can compete with the Europe series spectors and the top end shecters. Its about on a par with the Yamaha TRB1006

But be aware that it was designed to fill its given niche in the market. Put it head to head with a custom Shuker for instance (with the fancy woods, custom neck dimensions and bespoke electronics) and it wont cut the mustard.

But buy in the confidence that it will do 99% of what you ask of it, especially if you have a quality rig and backline to run it through.

Hope this helps!

hey man i had an a6 and it was gorgeous the only trouble was the neck was a tad bent,
and the brigde was a nghtmare.
the new a6s are fitted with a better brigde,
i just bought a a4 off ebay so ill let you know how it plays friday.
the cort i had was well balanced and gorgeous looking. the balnce was better than my thumb six.
i sold it and the geezer was well chuffed with t as he srted the neck out

watch this thread!!!

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='284638' date='Sep 15 2008, 11:22 PM']hey man i had an a6 and it was gorgeous the only trouble was the neck was a tad bent,
and the brigde was a nghtmare.
the new a6s are fitted with a better brigde,
i just bought a a4 off ebay so ill let you know how it plays friday.
the cort i had was well balanced and gorgeous looking. the balnce was better than my thumb six.
i sold it and the geezer was well chuffed with t as he srted the neck out

watch this thread!!![/quote]

Thanks for the info guys.

[quote name='markytbass' post='288295' date='Sep 20 2008, 11:11 PM']That looks well nice.[/quote]
cheers gu it plays nice too,
paid £320.oo for it (bit tad much) but its mint,
there was an a6 on ebay that went for £291!!!
think theres a A5 n there at moment.
the eq is well impressive and hopefully cause i didnt spend too much i may get to keep my two warwicks and my fender jaz!!!!
touch.

[quote name='ziggydolphinboy' post='288334' date='Sep 21 2008, 01:14 AM']cheers gu it plays nice too,
paid £320.oo for it (bit tad much) but its mint,
there was an a6 on ebay that went for £291!!!
think theres a A5 n there at moment.
the eq is well impressive and hopefully cause i didnt spend too much i may get to keep my two warwicks and my fender jaz!!!!
touch.[/quote]

The reviews on Harmony Central are really good.

[url="http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Electric+Bass/product/Cort/A6+Artisan/10/1"]http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews...A6+Artisan/10/1[/url]

I could never imagine myself in a situation where it would be reasonable for me to pay the "boutique prices" for basses. Though, I don't think those prices are high for what those instruments are. For a professional, a few grands worth of kit isn't that much. Compared to say what "white van person" has to pay for his/her van. Or a plumber has to pay for tools.

But returning to the topic, given the prices quoted above, and the reviews, perhaps a Cort A6 could be my "dream, but achievable" bass for the future. As sad as that might seem to those who spend thousands on basses.

[quote name='Annoying Twit' post='288375' date='Sep 21 2008, 08:37 AM'][...]
perhaps a Cort A6 could be my "dream, but achievable" bass for the future. As sad as that might seem to those who spend thousands on basses.[/quote]

I agree - it looks very nice indeed. If they do them with centred dots on the fretboard (or blocks, or blank), then I'll consider!