Why become a member? ×

Roundwound suggestions...

SisterAbdullahX

Looking for some roundwound recommendations for my CIJ Jazz. Currently has DR Nickel Low Riders on, which sound great on the E and A, really full and punchy, but a bit too zingy on the D and G. Nice in the mids though on all four strings. Also looking for fairly high tension, not keen on floppy strings!
So there you go, punchy, high tension nickels with good mid content....GO!

I`ve recently swapped over to D`Addario Prosteels and am very impressed with them. The gauge selection I find really works on these (45, 65, 80, 100 for light, 50, 70, 85, 105 for medium), the strings all seem much more "together" if that makes any sense. Fairly good tension too, not as much as Rotosounds but I`m similar, I don`t like floppy strings as I like to dig in, and these are fine for that.

[quote name='SisterAbdullahX' timestamp='1449414592' post='2923310']
Cheers Lozz. When I bought the bass it had DR Fat Beams on. The tension took some getting used to but once I had I found there was no going back, and they sounded great, only thing I wasn't keen on was the feel of steel. I may have to try to get used to it!
[/quote] Would fast fret help with the feel? I have never used it but it is supposed to make the strings feel slick? as well as cleaning them