Why become a member? ×

2010 Fender American Standard P Bass, Olympic White - £675
£675

Martyin3d

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2010 Fender American Standard P Bass. I've owned it from new (bought in 2014). Has been gigged so there are a few scratches and one chip, nothing that affects playability though and all character building![/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Currently strung with Labella flat wounds and it sounds huge! Incredible set up by Simon Jones of SGL guitars in Portsmouth the neck and frets on this thing are perfect. It's for sure, the nicest P I've played. [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Includes the hard case and all the goodies, even have the receipt for £1150! [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Come and try it out! The bass is in Southampton for collection or I'm happy to arrange postage at buyers expense.

Full Disclosure: I had no idea when I bought it (from a shop brand new) but it does not have the fender anniversary neck plate which it should have... I'm guessing at some point in its life, either at or on it's way to the shop, someone pinched it! This is partly why I'm selling it so cheap.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

Edited by Martyin3d

Was the bass in the shop unpurchased for 4 years? Also, the serial number on the neck plate is for an American Vintage Series instrument. Interesting! I also think that 2011 was the anniversary not 2010 but I may be wrong.

Edited by Hutton

If you had it from new - I wonder whether the shop switched the plate?
If so, that's not good news, and it's a shame this didn't come to light sooner
You may have been entitled to some sort of partial refund?

Anyhow, just wanted to say, I have a very similar bass, same colour similar year, and it's amazing :)
This is a really great price for a fab quality instrument, with a hard case too
GLWTS type bump for a nice P bass

Thank you Marc,

It wouldn't surprise me if the shop switched the plate, it was sold to me as a 2012 pbass it was only later that I found out it was made in 2010...

Obviously I don't want to name them because there's a possibility of this being a mis understanding. They certainly aren't experts when it comes to basses so it's possible that they simply had the wrong information.

All of that said, it's an absolutely incredible bass, plays and sounds amazing, and honestly, I wish I didn't need to sell it!

Would you consider swapping for 2 basses? One is the Fender Mark Hoppus Signature in Surf Green and the other is Squier Matt Freeman Signature in white with upgraded pickup (custom vintage '59 from the Mike Dirnt Signature) both in mint condition. Hoppus bass retails at £670 and Freeman at £390, I'm sure I could raise the £675 you're looking for if I sold them both but can't be doing with the hassle! I'm down the road from you in Fareham

This really is an amazing price!
I'm not sure what mine weighs - but it's the lightest bass I have

Hope your finances are sorted out mate
Someone really should snap this up - it's a brilliant US P bass, for a super low price
again GLWTS